• Register Today It's free!

Setina Push Bar Mounting

JhayCee

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 PIU
Hey guys, I just recently picked up a 2016 Ford PIU at an auction for my daughter. At a different auction I picked up this Setina Push bar for only $20, I'm not sure but it looks to be the PB400, see picture -

setina.jpeg

My question is how to mount it, unfortunately it didn't come with any mounting hardware. I emailed Setina who quoted me $259 for the transfer kit, which I'm not prepared to spend. It already has a mounting plate attached. See below-

IMG_0503.JPG

But I get confused on how this is supposed to mount to my car, sorry for the grainy picture but the below picture is looking through the lower grill at what looks to be a transmission cooler. The grill is cut from a previously installed bumper and the mounting plates from my bumper match perfectly to the holes cut in the grill.

IMG_0504.JPG

You can see some previously drilled holes in the blurry background that looks like where the bumper bracket was mounted previously. My question is does this look familiar to anyone and what the how the heck do I mount this thing? Is there a universal kit I can buy that would be much cheaper than the Setina quote? Thanks and let me know if more pictures would be helpful

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't believe that the PIU has the Forward Collision warning or the Adaptive Cruise Control. On the retail Explorer, most push bars end up blocking that sensor.
Using the 'Search' feature I did find some threads/posts but I don't know if they are of any help.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I did read the other threads before I posted but didn't find any that related to my question. Hoping this mounting setup looks familiar to someone here.

I believe I have a used set of brackets.

As written above, you need the brackets that mount to the actual metal bumper of the vehicle behind the fascia. The push bar has to be mounted securely to the metal bumper of the vehicle. The brackets clamp around that bumper...and those are the parts you need. They don't simply bolt into holes on the bumper.

Looks like Marauderleader has you covered.

That’s sort of why I’m confused, the slots already cut into the grill seems to be about at least roughly 8” lower than the bumper. Looking through my grill all I see is transmission cooler, not the bumper. Does the brackets attach to the bumper but have something attached that extend lower to align with? Sorry for all the questions.

That’s awesome, would you be willing to post a picture of them? I’m definitely interested if you’re willing to sell them.
They are at my shop, I’ll dig them out tomorrow and get a pic, they came off my PIU, I tossed the PB in the trash, saved these for another guy who wanted them, then didn’t?

That’s sort of why I’m confused, the slots already cut into the grill seems to be about at least roughly 8” lower than the bumper. Looking through my grill all I see is transmission cooler, not the bumper. Does the brackets attach to the bumper but have something attached that extend lower to align with? Sorry for all the questions.

You have to pull the bumper cover to see the metal actual bumper. The brackets go around that, then stick through the bumper cover. I installed a Westin on my '16...but they mount similarly. Once you get the cover off..it;s obvious. you can probably download instructions on line.

Ok after seeing those pictures, it’s making more sense to me now. Thanks ML. Are you interested in selling?

Ok after seeing those pictures, it’s making more sense to me now. Thanks ML. Are you interested in selling?
I have no use for these, if you do, then make me an offer I can’t refuse

Back