Setina PB400 Model Year Compatibility + Mounting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Setina PB400 Model Year Compatibility + Mounting

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Paul, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 FPIU
Hello fellow Explorers!

I'm looking around for a Setina push bar for my 2017 FPIU and I've got a lead on two possible choices.

There is someone offloading a ton of PB450Ls, probably selling them off from a department moving on to the next generation of PIUs. No mounting hardware is included, and I can't find anything secondhand. I contacted a few upfitters who informed me that I'd need to buy a transfer kit from Setina which is going to take time to order in and it's roughly $200 + $50 for shipping. It seems like I have to use Setina's mounting system.

Option number two seems a bit more promising. It's a PB400 with the PB8 fender guards. Has a fair amount of surface rust but nothing Rustoleum can't fix. The seller has it for $195 (and I can likely talk it down as it's been posted up for a few weeks) and it includes the two mounting brackets. However, the seller said he pulled it off his 2015 FPIU and I have the refreshed 2017. I can't find any information about if the mounting is compatible between the two or if I'll need to cut the bumper to make it fit (if it's possible). All I've deduced is that the part numbers on Setina's website are different, which leads me to believe it won't just fit without a bit of work. Option two seems like the best and most cost-effective, but it definitely won't if I can't even install it at all on my car.

Alternatively, if any of you are in Minnesota and are interested in selling some mounting brackets or a push bar...

Any thoughts from the experts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no experience with these, but i will say, i like the look of the fender guards ;) if it fits a vote for option 2 ;)

no experience with these, but i will say, i like the look of the fender guards ;) if it fits a vote for option 2 ;)

Agreed. They look pretty darn slick, and they do give more protection.

Most city police around me use the standard push bars and it's the Highway Patrol and County Police that use the full fender guards.

If memory serves, the part #s are different for the Setina push bumper for the early and later (16-19) utilities

Status Update:

It did NOT just fit. Just observing the differences between the original and refresh 5th gen cars, the body sticks out more on the refresh 2016+ cars it seems. With some longer bolts and some spacers, I extended out the mounting brackets far enough to install the PB400.

Literally the hardest part was taking out/refastening the three 10mm bolts on each side that attaches the front bumper to the side.

I also have to relearn how to drive and its cornering and stopping ability, as it's the steel push bar and it is very loaded on the front now.

PXL_20221130_225211859.jpg PXL_20221201_013420193_2-min.jpg

Back