• Register Today It's free!

Shackle aftermarket questions

onecrazyfuq

Reaction score
City, State
Bethpage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 xlt
So i was planning on doing a tt mod and of course putting on longer shackles. Now i know everyone uses the warrior war153 shackles but they only give 1 1/4 inch raise. I found a aftermarket site that custom fabs 2 inch shackles I would like to know eveyrones opinion if they are good or not, or if they know of anyone besides warrior and if i should jsut do warrior. All comments and responses are more then welcome here is the link to the aftermarket ones that i found http://copperheadfab.com/index.php?action=catview&cat=Shackles

Thanks again guys -Anthony

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look ok, they look to be thinner material than the warriors, but not bad and not a bad price either. I'm still going to make my own set as soon as I get some free time at work.

Dan

those look alright, the warriors are a little beefier though

The warriors give 1.5" of lift.
Those shackles look okay. Not quite as thick, but better than the autozone junk I keep seeing. Keep in mind that the warriors come with new bolts and nuts though, painted too. That's part of the reason for the price.

Thanks, but I'll pass... if they're already covering their butts, I highly doubt they'll cover yours too:

Copperhead Fabrication Products are NOT approved by the Department of Transportation and are not meant to be used on public or private roads. All products are sold as unfinished parts and need to be installed and finished to Governmental Safety Standards before use. The safe use of Copperhead Fabrication Products is the strict responsibility of the purchaser of our products. Copperhead Fabrication is not liable for the malfunction for any of our parts that are not installed by Copperhead Fabrication. Use at your OWN RISK!!!

For what it's worth, I bought my Warriors on Ebay for $37... $41 shipped. They're high-quality parts that have been proven not to fail. Even near retail, the WAR's are worth the extra $20 IMHO. Those look flimsy by comparison, and I have seen better welds in a high school welding class!!

-Joe

On my explorer i am using 2 inch shackles that i bought off of ebay. They work fine and look good. Check it out

Alright, a few questions about these aftermarket shackles:
I own a 98 explorer sport 4.0 (stock).

1) is it possible to get shackles that give a 3"-5" lift?

2) If it is possible, link me? haha.

3) If not, would it be safe to have 3"-5" shackles on this truck?

4) If it's safe, where can I get them made, or where can I get the parts cut (I can do the welding)? (link me!)

Thanks!

1) is it possible to get shackles that give a 3"-5" lift?

No.

2) If it is possible, link me? haha.

3) If not, would it be safe to have 3"-5" shackles on this truck?

No.

4) If it's safe, where can I get them made, or where can I get the parts cut (I can do the welding)? (link me!)

Thanks!

If you're looking for up to 5" of lift, just do a spring over axle swap.

Back