Bushings for Aftermarket Shackles? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bushings for Aftermarket Shackles?

HairyBastard86

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS
Was wanting to order the Warrior shackles to give my Explorer a little bit of lift in the back end. The problem is is that I can't seem to find the bushings for sale anywhere. Not sure if my existing bushings are still good or not. I was wanting to just go ahead and replace all with new. I was wondering if the OE bushings would work with aftermarket shackles like the Warrior 153's? Can you buy the bushings separately from the shackles? Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are the upper shackle to frame bushings the same as the lower shackle to leaf bushings? Thanks

No, and there is a sticky about getting aftermarket bushings. I just bought the frame bushings for $14 from Energy Suspension.

I need to check out my existing bushings to see if they need replacing. The truck is 17 years old, so I'd say the odds are probably pretty good that they will. I'll have to check to see if they are varying lengths too. I know that the Warrior shackles that I'm looking at look to have to the same size spacing on the top and the bottom.

OMG you guys think too much.

They will fit and they are the same width stock or not.....

or if you cant find the bushing that goes into the frame, i think ford still makes them

or just look up a few post and read where I got mine from.

Back