Shackle Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shackle Help

Shotguns2

Reaction score
City, State
Coal City, IL
OK, I went to Autozone to get longer shackles to raise my Explorer, but the said they didnt have any, so I called a spring shop and they said that because my leafs were under the axle that I couldnt get a longer shackle lift. Can someone please help me here , im confused.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Warrior makes shackles for the Explorer, part #WAR-153. You can get them from Desert Rat . You'll have to call 'em because they don't list them on their website. A bunch of us have them and they are VERY strong.

now, will those lift my truck with the leafs still under the axle?

Yes, the Warriors are specifically designed for Explorers and will work with the SUA. They usually give 1.75-2" of lift in the rear. They're also a lot beefier than stock and most lift shackles. 4Wheel Parts also has them.

Just a little tip:
If you go around locally looking for stuff for your explorer (especially offroad), then you will encounter ALOT of BS from people. You wouldnt beleive the stories I've heard from some so called
"professionals".......

You can also try pep boys for shackles. I found a kit that was identical to the shackles found in the autozone kit. Or you could always build yourself some that are stronger.

Originally posted by Jason_25
Just a little tip:
If you go around locally looking for stuff for your explorer (especially offroad), then you will encounter ALOT of BS from people. You wouldnt beleive the stories I've heard from some so called
"professionals".......
A guy at Central 4WD told me that you can't lift a 91-94 Explorer because the wheels will go \ /. That was a funny day. He also wouldn't sell me Bilsteins that would work with a lift because they would be responsible for when they break, since Bilsteins are so well known for breaking:rolleyes:

Back