• Register Today It's free!

Shackles

ixiswaggerixi

Reaction score
City, State
OKC, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
Is there anyone on this site that can make me a pair of shackles?
i've asked a couple people who have made them before but they're busy right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Because they are pretty basic but i don't have the tools to do so.
It saves quite a bit of money.

I'm not trying to be a d!ck here at all, but what is "quite a bit of money" to you? You can find the Warriror shackles for like $70 shipped to your door. I doubt someone will be willing to fab you up a pair of that quality for THAT much cheaper than that...

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/products_id/6362

Is there anyone on this site that can make me a pair of shackles?
i've asked a couple people who have made them before but they're busy right now.

From what I have been told by a suspension shop here in Michigan, shackles are something to avoid. I know a LOT of people on this site are shackle crazy, but, he says you are better off finding someone who can re-arc your leaf springs. I have a guy here who says he can give me 2-3 inches of permanent lift by adding a longer second leaf and re arcing the other to match it for $60 a side if it is off the vehicle. Better that way and stronger than extending the load force further out on a shackle.

From what I have been told by a suspension shop here in Michigan, shackles are something to avoid. I know a LOT of people on this site are shackle crazy, but, he says you are better off finding someone who can re-arc your leaf springs. I have a guy here who says he can give me 2-3 inches of permanent lift by adding a longer second leaf and re arcing the other to match it for $60 a side if it is off the vehicle. Better that way and stronger than extending the load force further out on a shackle.
Plenty of people run War-153s shackles without any problem. And re-arced leaf springs will eventually settle and will need to be re-arced again.

War-153s on flex - if it didnt break on a torsional flex such as this, it probably wont break on the highway.

paragon_13.jpg

paragon_10.jpg

Plenty of people run War-153s shackles without any problem. And re-arced leaf springs will eventually settle and will need to be re-arced again.

War-153s on flex - if it didnt break on a torsional flex such as this, it probably wont break on the highway.

paragon_13.jpg

paragon_10.jpg

No sag no need to re arc they way he does it. A He aneels it first the re arc then re temper! He said will NOT settle!

No sag no need to re arc they way he does it. A He aneels it first the re arc then re temper! He said will NOT settle!
If I lived closer to you, I'd take you up on a bet that, within the first few months, the springs will already settle at least 1/3" to 1/2". But I'm nowhere near you so it matters not. Heat treating them is fine and all - but its the weight of the vehicle thats going to settle it. Even stock springs settle over time - hence the infamous "gangster lean" we've all read about.

Guess ill be settling for the Warriors.

Back