• Register Today It's free!

shackles???

Krzyboy2o

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport 2wd
im thinking of purchasing a some lift shackles for my 99 sport. it seems like warrior shackles are the favorites in this forum. are there any other brands out there? can some one please tell me how much they cost, where can i buy them and if they're difficult to install.

thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you do a search, you'll find a thread showing how to install them. It's pretty simple. You can order them from many places online. Try http://www.4wheelparts.com/ as they have them. I think they were about $50 or so.

If you plan on ordering from 4WP, you might want to do it real quick. I ordered a set last week that shipped yesterday. They were on backorder until they received 15 sets the other day. ($57 shipped)

went to 4wheel today...its $70.30. are there any other places that sells them in the $50 dollar range??

thanks.. also im thinking of doing add-a-leafs also.. any ideas?

thanks !

You won't be able to use add-a-leafs unless you switch to the leaf springs from a 4 door. For some reason the Sports got a nifty monoleaf, which rides worse and sags sooner than other springs.

I got mine from desert rat ( www.desertrat.com ) I don't remember if they were listed on the site or not but they do carry them you might just have to call. If I remember right mine were $49.99 plus shipping. Got them in 3 or 4 days. As far as putting them on we had mine on and the torsion bars adjusted in a little under an hour. If you have the right tools it's a pretty easy install.

I just purchased Warrior shackles #153 avail at tellico4x4.com
About $50 plus shipping

i was told to get part number 353... any difference??

where would i get 4dr leafs? would pick n pull have them? how difficult would it be to swap out and install??

As far as I know, it would be part # WAR-153. That's what I ordered 4 wheel parts. As for the leaf springs, just go to a slavage yard. They will have them. You'll pay anywhere from $50 to $100 depending on the yard.

I got mine from a good friend of mine in NC, his name on here is Kyle k. they are pretty stout and nice welding, pm him for a price, here is a pic.

Attachments

• my shackels.jpg
    my shackels.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 338

just orded shackles.. $62.73 decided to go with 4wp. hopefully i can get them in this weekend along with my ES9000 shocks.

thanks!

Announcement: Shackles and Shocks now installed! will post pics soon..

can some one tell me which way to turn for TT? and do i need to jack the x up to do it?

WAR-353 are a gold color instead of the silver. You turn right to lift using the torsion bars and yeah you need to jack it up.
BTW- are anyone else's shackles rusting? The paint is breaking off of mine and they are getting rust. I've had them less than a year

You do NOT need to jack the truck up to adjust the torsion bars.

it's alot easier if you do

okay lets see if it get this right... im gonna jack up the front. spray on some liquid wrench. and tighted the bolts. right?? where and how do i take the measurements and whats the biggest tires that i throw on with my set up? 32's?
thanks for the help!

Originally posted by Krzyboy2o
okay lets see if it get this right... im gonna jack up the front. spray on some liquid wrench. and tighted the bolts. right?? where and how do i take the measurements and whats the biggest tires that i throw on with my set up? 32's?
thanks for the help!

How you take the measurements isn't really all that important. Just take them all from the same place so you know how much you're lifting. If I remember right you don't want to go anymore than 2 inches.

(lost photo)

(lost photo)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

(lost photo)

Back