Shall We Start Planning a Cape Cod Run? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shall We Start Planning a Cape Cod Run?

izackary said:
4-day weekends and 3-day work weeks. John, you poor deprived soul. I take it your project is finished?
My part is mostly done (95%)... But we found out this past week the customer won't be able to take delivery until Aug at the ealiest.. They are upgrading their infrastructure and might not be ready for while... As such I will be on cruise control instead of busting my @$$ each week...

I was talking with a buddy of mine from work that always gets a season ORV pass. He mentioned the area near the Light house has a semi - bay area which is flatter and is more desireable for young children (That is why it was packed last time we went). In terms of swimming the area we were in last year was ok, and we had the place to ourselves... :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will the beaches be open for our trip now? I have seen some beaches are closed. We also need to still find a camping spot. I spoke with Dan and he said we need to get a camping site soon, because they fill up fast.

I just barely called the info line today (which was updated a week ago :rolleyes: ) and was told probably the same thing we already heard. Everything is still closed save for a 0.1 mile section and the coast guard night fishing. I think we should plan like normal, but also keep in mind we may have to abort. Don't make any reservations that require a non-refundable deposit.

Well hopefully it will be reopened soon. We do still have a month and ahalf to go until our trip. We should make a backup plan incase things fall through. Is there any off road trails in MA?

havent been around the last couple of weeks.. was wondering if you guys decided on any plans for some trails?

let me know..

No trails just yet. There are none I know of on the cape or even near me. Hopefully we'll find something.

So, are you and aaron looking into camp sites? I know Aaron said he would take a look. We need somthing set in stone soon. I know that dan and I will not wanna go if we dont have a place to stay.

izackary said:
I just barely called the info line today (which was updated a week ago :rolleyes: ) and was told probably the same thing we already heard. Everything is still closed save for a 0.1 mile section and the coast guard night fishing. I think we should plan like normal, but also keep in mind we may have to abort. Don't make any reservations that require a non-refundable deposit.

Fordexplorer157 said:
So, are you and aaron looking into camp sites? I know Aaron said he would take a look. We need somthing set in stone soon. I know that dan and I will not wanna go if we dont have a place to stay.

What I'm saying is I won't set anything in stone until I hear more beach is opened, or we find open trails around here. Unless you REALLY miss Gaytown. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Iam looking into finding some trails here in VT that we can go on. I only know of the one in Westford. I do know that Ike and Tim and somone else went on some trails some place in southern VT. I am willing to travel to NH or NY if somone finds somthing. I am hopeing that the beaches will reopen. I can only think these birds nest for only so long.

Possible Places Of Interest:

Westford VT Trail

Brookline Powerlines (Dont know what state its in. See Aaron or IKE)

Bridgewater VT : I belive this is the area that Issac said he knew of some off road trails that were on a map.

Fordexplorer157 said:

Automatic veto. Although I have traveled this trail twice now, and it's VERY convenient for me, I have since found out it's illegal land and we should NOT wheel on it anymore.

Lets see about class VI roads in NH, there are a lot of them, and they make great trails for mostly stock off road trucks.

That sucks its not legal. It looked like a fun trail.

V8BoatBuilder said:
Automatic veto. Although I have traveled this trail twice now, and it's VERY convenient for me, I have since found out it's illegal land and we should NOT wheel on it anymore.

Lets see about class VI roads in NH, there are a lot of them, and they make great trails for mostly stock off road trucks.

Fordexplorer157 said:
I am hopeing that the beaches will reopen. I can only think these birds nest for only so long.

Yeah, one can only hope the beaches open soon, I'm looking forward to going to the Cape, I've never been there.

Fordexplorer157 said:
I am looking into finding some trails here in VT that we can go on. I only know of the one in Westford. I do know that Ike and Tim and somone else went on some trails some place in southern VT.I am willing to travel to NH or NY if somone finds somthing.

Possible Places Of Interest:

Westford VT Trail

Bridgewater VT : I belive this is the area that Issac said he knew of some off road trails that were on a map.

Ok, as far as trails in Vermont..... I'm going to be on vacation up there from August 11th - 17th and leaving for the Cape the morning of the 18th, so if the Cape trip falls through, camping and wheeling somewhere in Vermont would be fun.

NY would be out for me, and as far as NH, if Matt is willing to let me convoy with him I'll go there. I'm really bad with directions and I'm just learning to find my way around VT, the Cape is not had to find as I know how to get there from home. I just have to figure how I get there from the Motel 6 in Colchester......Matt??

Would I be photo-man-Dan? I'm in. I didn't even see this thread. I was actually out there last weekend. They had the SUV beach tours going so i assume the beaches are all set.

Of corse I had to drive in with my Focus!

I'll book the weekend off.

Do we have a where/when we are meeting?

Thats up in the air right now. If the beaches are confirmed to be reopened then we gotta find a camp ground

unabonked said:
Would I be photo-man-Dan? I'm in. I didn't even see this thread. I was actually out there last weekend. They had the SUV beach tours going so i assume the beaches are all set.

Of corse I had to drive in with my Focus!

I'll book the weekend off.

Do we have a where/when we are meeting?

OK, guys, I think the cape trip is back on. Sections have been reopened as plover chicks leave the nests, so I'd imagine the beach will only continue to open back up. Stay tuned here and to the Cape Cod National Seashore permit page.

Prez

Excellent. I cant wait to try out my new Dodge Dakota on the beach.

izackary said:
OK, guys, I think the cape trip is back on. Sections have been reopened as plover chicks leave the nests, so I'd imagine the beach will only continue to open back up. Stay tuned here and to the Cape Cod National Seashore permit page.

Prez

Fordexplorer157 said:
Have fun with the Dakota crew there :p

Fordexplorer157 said:
Did you sell the explorer :confused:
Is the DD 4x4?

The Explorer is on its way out the door. The Dakota is 4X4 Quad Cab Sport. Fully Loaded

DeRocha said:
Did you sell the explorer :confused:
Is the DD 4x4?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fordexplorer157 said:
The Explorer is on its way out the door. The Dakota is 4X4 Quad Cab Sport. Fully Loaded
as opposed to partially loaded? :p

Back