Shark teeth decal. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shark teeth decal.

20161104_152443.jpg

Like this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes a real head turner and talking piece. Better carry my badge in case I run a light or speed. Won't be able to tell the police it's the other guy.
Any ideas to rename the pug shuttle josh. Time to up the anti since I'm running big tires teeth I'm on a roll just cash flow low.

The Aero bomber.

Cool what else can I add to the look. If I had dual exhaust I would add zombies like I had on my 1967 fire chicken back in 1974. If it was gray or silver I would do rivets but blue and white I don't know. It's a good thing I'm short on cash or the be filiming monster garage from my house instead of Jessie's place..

For informational purposes only...

The shark teeth and eye nose art was the markings of the 1st American Volunteer Group (1AVG) of the Chinese Air Force in '41-42. They were Americans who volunteered with CAF to fight the Japanese. The Flying Tigers (as they came to be known, it was not and official designation) flew the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk, not the P-51 Mustang. They were a mix of Army Air Force, Marine, and Navy pilots under the command of Claire Chennault. The artwork is one of the most recognizable nose art illustrations of WWII combat aircraft.

I'm not trying to be a jerk on this but I figure if you're going to put the markings on your automobile you might should know the true history of it. Also, my dad was a combat pilot in WWII and we used to talk about this kind of stuff a lot. :salute:

For informational purposes only...

The skark teeth and eye nose art was the markings of the 1st American Volunteer Group (1AVG) of the Chinese Air Force in '41-42. They were Americans who volunteered with CAF to fight the Japanese. The Flying Tigers (as they came to be known, it was not and official designation) flew the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk, not the P-51 Mustang. They were a mix of Army Air Force, Marine, and Navy pilots under the command of Claire Chennault. The artwork is one of the most recognizable nose art illustrations of WWII combat aircraft.

I'm not trying to be a jerk on this but I figure if you're going to put the markings on your automobile you might should know the true history of it. Also, my dad was a combat pilot in WWII and we used to talk about this kind of stuff a lot. :salute:
I was under the impression shark teeth were us planes?. They werent,I'm only 58 and went by what I saw in movies. So what am I advertising a Chinese plane ,us plane,Japan. what other kind of fun decoration can I add. Thank you
I

They were US airplanes. The Curtiss P40 was manufactured by the Curtiss-Wright Corporation from Buffalo, NY. American pilots AND American made airplanes made up the 1AVG. But they were not *technically* US military forces. They were within the command of the Chinese Air Force.

I can't remember if I posted new photos of the aero bomber. last year when I picked it up it was my pug shuttle .having 3 appears they love playing in the van while me and Janet takes them to the dog park.
then a few months ago I created the monster 235-75-15 mud truck tires no lift. just fits gained a few inches in hight with GC RIMS.looks mean just 2 weeks ago I installed 52" shark teeth from fighter planes from the war. So now we have the AERO BOMBER, CARRYING IN HER BELLY, 235 BOMBS AND A NICE LOOK. I have a 2" lift I'm going to install when I figure an easy way to remove the springs to install it.
I can't remember if I posted the photos I get foggy from my meds.

20170308_135442.jpg

20170308_135526.jpg

20170308_135503.jpg

I'm telling you the brain farts are getting worst. I must be boaring everyone, sorry for the repost .

I'm telling you the brain farts are getting worst. I must be boaring everyone, sorry for the repost .
Looks good, I have a good spring compressor. I'd like to see the lift installed.

Love the shark teeth!!! Did you create them yourself?

Looks good, I have a good spring compressor. I'd like to see the lift installed.
Great next time your in town I broke one have 3 more I bought 2 sets.

..just checkin' in to see whats up.

Actually that looks pretty sweet!! Nicely done and the eye fits in great! To complete the look you might get some small decals of a pair of cuffs and put them on the front quarter-panels like WWII pilots did to commemorate victories. OR, paint "ICUFF" in script across the nose.
That's one A' star not to be messed with!!

Thanks if i had dual exhaust i was going to do zoomies like i had on my goat.to look like plane exhause. I looked for sheets of rivets to complete the plane look

Thanks if i had dual exhaust i was going to do zoomies like i had on my goat.to look like plane exhause. I looked for sheets of rivets to complete the plane look
Dual exhaust would be sweet!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back