• Register Today It's free!

Shifting issues on 06 Mountaineer

2006 MM

Reaction score
City, State
Hurst, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Mountaineer V8 Premier
I have been reading threads from MoabB2 & 2006_MM_FYRE41. I have been having the same problem. I believe that MoabB2 & 2006_MM_FYRE41 have NOT had this resolved yet. I am taking my 06 in today for the 4th time. They have changed the Transmission Control Module and have updated the PCM. I will report back with any information.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are correct. The problem still is not resolved and I have had the control module replaced also. They now want to do another update:rolleyes:

Shifting Issues on the 06 Mountaineer

I think that is great news but when I took my 06 in (10-05-07) they did not have a newer update. Do you know the update #? They told me that I need to be more specific about the problem and then, when I can duplicate the problem constantly, they will call in an Engineer! Sounds like a blow off, but I'll give it the college try! I do believe it is software because what has been done to others. They have changed the Module twice on mine now! I'll keep everyone posted. I do like the Mountaineer I just want the problem FIXED! I guess that seems too much to ask!

No that is not the same issue, but thanks for the info! It is always good to know what may happen in the future!

Now, it has been 6 days since I took the 06 Mountaineer in and the problem has gone away (For Now)! They said they did not do anything to the 06 on
(10-05-07) but who knows for sure.

Back