• Register Today It's free!

Shocks for TT/War Shackle

rokke17

Reaction score
City, State
Minn/Mich
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 4 Door 4X4
Allright, those of you who have done the TT and gotten warrior shackles to clear 31's, what do you recommend for shocks? Do they make extended length shocks for Exs with only a small lift, and are they necessary for a small lift like above (<2")?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pretty sure stock shocks are fine for 2 inches or less. If you go any more you would need longer shocks.

Stock will work fine. I have the stock length in my X with a TT/Shackles. If you want a little more flex in the rear, you can add shock extenders. Cost about $15/pair and add 2.5-3" to shock length. Word of warning if you go the extender route, toss the bolts that come with them in the trash, they are flimsy and break easily. I busted one just installing them. I went to the local hardware store and spent $0.50 and put in grade 5 bolts and they have been fine for well over a year.

JDraper, where does one aquire these rear shock extenders?

I got mine from A&A Auto (PA auto chain store). You should be able to get them from most auto supply stores.

Back