Shocks to Stiffen the Ride | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shocks to Stiffen the Ride

Jayson

Reaction score
My wife hates the ride on our '93 Explorer XLT. We just purchased this Explorer about a month ago for an absolute steal, but the shocks were replaced with factory shocks. The vehicles rolls way too much and you bounce around in the vehicle. What can you all recommend to cure this? Our last Explorer had Rancho 5000s and that helped but didn't stiffen the ride that much. Thanks for any recommendations.

If you do a search for "shocks" in this forum, you'll probably get more information then you'd need.

I have the Rancho RS9000 5-speed adjustable shock (soft to extra firm). Very dependable and has no problems so far.

Check out the Rancho RS9000's or the Edelbrock IAS's. The Rancho's allow you too adjust the ride to a desired stiffness. The Edelbrocks seem to be the most popular shock because of it's superior ride provided by the precision of it's design.

------------------
Tim Y.
1996 Ford Explorer

Jayson,

I'm a satisfied Rancho RS9000 owner. They're tough to beat. YOU get to select the ride quality that YOU like. That's the biggest advantage of the 9000.

If you buy them, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

DOGMAN

Back