• Register Today It's free!

Shocks

White x

Reaction score
City, State
Albany, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 sport
I am replacing the shocks on my 99 sport, and i was woundering the difference in monroe reflex and sensa-trac and what your openion on these shocks are if u have them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the reflex shocks on my 2000 sport. I had sensa-trac's on my old Bronco II. I really like the reflex shocks. From what I understand they are biased more toward control than the sensa-trac. They really took the slop out of the handling compared to the well worn original shocks.

Are any of the Procomp shocks or The Rancho RS5000 make the ride to harsh for a 2wd explorer sport, because i found a huge sale on those shocks?

I've got the Rancho RSXs (re-badged Reflex with a rubber boot) which I used to replace the sensa-tracs I had on it previously. They both perform about the same IMHO.

I've still got the warranty replacements for the sensa-tracs, brand new with all the hardware. I'd love to get rid of 'em. $100 to your door, and yes they'll work on a 2wd. The 4x4 shock internals are the same as the 2wd, but the body's different.

-Joe

Get the Ranchos. I use the 5000's and they are terrific.

I am rather fond of my Rancho 9000x shocks.

Best shock ( due to adjustability ) I have ever used

Would the RSX shocks and changing all the bushing in the saybars to polyutherane be too harsh of a ride for a 2wd sport or will i need to go with the RS5000?

Back