shocks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

shocks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are KYBs bottom level shock (not that it is bad, but will give a factory, softer ride).

GasAJust and MonoMax may be better choices, but it depends on what you want the ride will be like.

I just put KYB Gas-A-Justs on my 96. The more I drive on them, them more I can recommend them :thumbsup: I don't off-road, but these have been great on-road, and on country dirt roads.

thanks, anybody use the Monroe shocks, I am in need of shocks. can anybody recommend a good and reliable set not to expensive.

Well, KYB Gas-A-Justs from Amazon are $31.35 each for fronts, $32.61 each for rears. $127.92 total set.

I guess if you want cheap, Gabriel has a Buy Three, Get on Free rebate...

thanks, anybody use the Monroe shocks, I am in need of shocks. can anybody recommend a good and reliable set not to expensive.
Reflex is monroes top of the line - here is a front pair for $50 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262595579630. Reflex is similar to a monotube. They are designed for top heavy SUVs, they aren't car shocks.
You can't get the buy 3 get one free by buying online - but the price is quite low for that type of shock.

If you are around advance auto look into the monroe coil over load levelers - with a 40 off 100 coupon they can be had for 80$ for a set.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/monroe-monroe-load-adjusting-shock-absorber-58617/19710026-P

Monroe has a very liberal warranty as well, they also give 90 days to see if you are satisfied "safe and sound guarantee"

Recently installed that combo and it really made a difference in how the truck rides. I came from Sensatracs, they aren't bad but I don't really consider them a truck shock. They are more for comfort.

Back