Should I put light behind the Ford emblem? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should I put light behind the Ford emblem?

I've been thinking about little things I can do to my truck that are cheap. I was thinking of taking off the front emblem, sanding off the blue but leaving the chrome colored Ford there, and then putting a small bulb behind it.

or... sanding off the blue AND the chrome on the ford, and then painting all but the Ford letters white (to match the truck). so the Ford name would be lit up... I'd put a few coats of black on the back of the white paint so that the light didn't 'bleed' into the white.

let me know what you think

Edit: Also, what color bulb should I use? I was thinking clear... but red might be good too just to have a different color... It would match my calipers/sway bars then.

I was thinking of just getting a license place bulb socket and that sized bulb to put behind the emblem, and tapping into the parking lights.

I haven't had any problems with mine so far.

Interesting. I saw the OP name hydroxy and wondered what this thread was about. I remember him and the other old regulars, TAS98xlt especially. Those are nice pictures for sure, but that user name makes me think of his(Ted's) truck the most, wow, so clean and detailed, gorgeous red Explorer with Saleen wing etc. Here's a couple of pictures I have of his truck, for those who might appreciate how nice these can be.

14802Wing_Install-02311.jpg

14802Duals.jpg

lol

I've seen you post pics of the that undercarriage before and always thought that was your Mounty Don. It would drive me crazy owning a vehicle that clean! I'd have to drive it into the first mud puddle I see just to stop myself from worrying about the inevitable any further.. Kinda did that after I bought Joe's ex when I drove it down some dirt roads. Gave me a strange sense of relief.. but Shhh!.. don't tell him!

:shifty:

I had forgotten that he(Ted) filled the rear wiper holes also. Mine might look kind of similar one day, besides being so clean. I like the bottom super dark red that contrasts, from the bumpers down, and I'll remove the rear emblem too.

Back