Should i trade my 02 explorer for a 04 Aviator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should i trade my 02 explorer for a 04 Aviator

hawks06

Reaction score
City, State
Northville, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Xlt V8
I havent had my 2002 Explorer XLT V8 for too long. I bought it in the end of January. And already ive gone through the love hate cycle faster than i expected.
First i loved it,then i hated the explorer for its truck like handling and slowness. Then i took in for a tune up and got 4 new pirelli atr's and ditched those pitiful stocks and it handles awesome and feels allot faster. So now i love it again.
But a few days ago i drove my friends Aviator since my trucks been in the shop cuz of a hit and run. That aviator is sweet inside and out and feels faster and smoother.:burnout: It has the heated and cooled seats. Xenons. The sweet looking grill and everything. I checked online and around here i can get a 2004 Aviator AWD loaded with 25,000 miles for about 17,000-22,000.

I LOVE how quick this car has depreciated.
My warrantys ending in 10,000 more miles and 1 more year. Id be terified to drive without that with all the problems my X has had. And at 80,000 miles who knows whats going next. I still owe 15g on it though :mad:

My payment would jump from 273 to about 350 and im really upside down on this explorer. Any ideas:rolleyes:

if you can afford it then i wouldnt hesitate. the motor is along stronger and they have alot better ride and options than the explorer.

You can probably add most of the features you are looking for much cheaper than purchasing another SUV.

You can probably add most of the features you are looking for much cheaper than purchasing another SUV.

Agreed, plus the aviator is no longer made so that's why it's depreciating so much and you can only expect it to do more i'm sure.

Back