Should we have avoided Colley Ford in Glendora? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should we have avoided Colley Ford in Glendora?

scford

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
Acura
Like many on the forums, we have been waiting for the 2017 XLT's to come out with Sync 3. Yesterday, we finally made our purchase after combing through all the accessory package changes since 2016 and those that were made in July. Well, our bad, when we got home we realized that the XLT does not come with DRIVER SEAT MEMORY even after adding most of the packages available. FYI - it is not standard on the Sport either.

This morning, less than 24 hours after bringing the car home, we called over to Colley Ford and explained our problem. We offered to bring this car back and buy the more expensive Sport model with the package that includes driver seat memory. We originally paid 41,000 for the XLT and the Sport we were looking at was 46,000, a 5 thousand dollar increase.

Colley's Ford response? "Sorry, that is a used car now. The best we can offer you is $36,000 as a trade-in." That is a $5,000 drop in price in less than 24 hours!

We know that in the end we can live with the lack of memory settings for the driver's seat, but we are amazed that Colley Ford was not willing to work with us AT ALL and does not seem even a little interested in helping us out.

Are ALL Ford dealers like this? Any suggestions or thoughts on our situation? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think that there is a dealer out there that would of given you more for your Explorer than what they quoted you.

I have always figured that as soon as you drive it off of the lot you take a $10,000 hit so $5,000 isn't too bad.

It's not the dealer, it's the industry/law.

They can't sell it as new anymore. If they could have, they would have.

What exactly do you expect them to do? It IS a used car now.. it has already been logged as sold and the paperwork was all done on it.

They have to sell it as used and being used, they have to sell it cheaper then new. They are not going to sell a used one for $1,000-$2,000 less then a new one.. no one would buy it.

So in actuality, they seemed to have offered you a fair deal.

I don't think that there is a dealer out there that would of given you more for your Explorer than what they quoted you.

I have always figured that as soon as you drive it off of the lot you take a $10,000 hit so $5,000 isn't too bad.

I know exactly what you mean. 49K for my Sport and then over 5K in discounts. But then you add tax, finance fee and a tire and wheel 5 year warranty which i got for $750 and ur back if not a little over MSRP.

Back