• Register Today It's free!

Sienna Interior

Mdanielswv18

Reaction score
City, State
Hurricane, wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Explorer Sport
I'm trying to decide on the interior color for my 2013 Explorer Sport. I can't seem to find any real world photos of the Sienna interior. I went with charcoal, but I have a few days left to call and change to the Sienna inserts.
Lets see some pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm trying to decide on the interior color for my 2013 Explorer Sport. I can't seem to find any real world photos of the Sienna interior. I went with charcoal, but I have a few days left to call and change to the Sienna inserts.
Lets see some pics
I think I would go with the inserts simply to break up the black interior.

Peter

I was concerned about the Sienna inserts as well but ordered them anyway. Very glad I did. As peterk9 indicated they do break up the monotone dark grey but not so contrasting to seem out of place. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice though. I tried taking pictures of my Sienna inserts yesterday but couldn't really capture the color very well for a good representation. Love my Sienna inserts!

Bob

I was concerned about the Sienna inserts as well but ordered them anyway. Very glad I did. As peterk9 indicated they do break up the monotone dark grey but not so contrasting to seem out of place. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice though. I tried taking pictures of my Sienna inserts yesterday but couldn't really capture the color very well for a good representation. Love my Sienna inserts!

Bob

That's good to hear. I was really hoping it wasn't like that ugly orange brown they have in some of the mustangs.

Glad to hear it. Keep working on those pics so we dont have to sit here and sweat about it.

When I ordered my Sport in July, the dealer had a swatch of the Sienna leather. It was a dark, rich brown. It was darker than the pecan inserts in the Limited. Dealers should have samples although that isn't as good as seeing a real seat. With any luck, I'll see mine next month.

Here's a link to some pictures of the Sienna inserts. Lighting was a little harsh when I took them. The picture of the 3rd row seats is probably the closest representation of the color. Some of the pics make the leather look like a lighter color than it is.
Very nice indeed. Although I'm not a fan of black interiors (get too hot in Summer) I think this adds a certain 'richness' to the interior. :thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks so much. Calling the dealer to change to sienna inserts.

This is what forums are for.

Thanks so much. Calling the dealer to change to sienna inserts.

This is what forums are for.

I have the black in my Sport, I chose it because the unique silver stitching is much more visible/prevalent on the all black vs. the sienna. It is truly a "what peaks your senses" decision. You can't go wrong w/ either interior, they are both very high quality in my opinion.

A 13 Sport showed up at my work today. Some guys that work for Ford came to visit our plant and were driving a red one with black interior. I have to say that stitching does look really well in the charcoal seats. I just can't seem to decide! I'm really glad I finally got to see a Sport in person. This makes me feel a lot better about my purchase. I just wish I could make up my mind on this interior.

Back