Silicone Blades | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Silicone Blades

RickOTR

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport 4X4
I've been looking into silicone wiper blades for a while now, but before I lay my money down I want to make sure they will last and are worth the money. Has anyone used them, and if so, did you have success with them. PIAA has a set for the Explorer at a cost of $26 each. They come with a five-year limited warranty excluding damages from acts of nature, alteration, misuse, neglect, modification, abuse, and improper installation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There’s a few threads on the forum with mixed opinions. Might want to do a search before laying down $60 on wipers.

FWIW - BOSCH wiper blades for the win.

I've gotten an average of 4 years out of their reasonably priced Evolution 4818 offering.

I've had 4 sets in 16 years

$15 a blade at Amazon

Link: Amazon product ASIN B0016ZU382
61Gc-2RtZDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yep, $30 a pair and they work flawlessly.

Lately, I have been purchasing all my wiper blades off rockauto.com. They have a huge selection, and they are low priced.

@BKennedy

I'm right with you man!

Here's a 5% off Rock Auto Discount Code

5% Discount Code: 73241317B4CAE7
Expires: October 19, 2021

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear About Us’ box to receive the discount.

Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

Back