SilverStar Fogs.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SilverStar Fogs....

I received them today from Sylvania via FedEx. All I can say is.......WOW! BIG difference from the old fog lights.

I have SilverStars in my headlights, and now coupled with the SilverStar fogs, there is NO need to EVER have to use my high beams for regular driving on dark reads that have no streetlights. These things light up the night! And yes, they are H-1 bulbs.

damn it when are the 899 fog bulbs coming out!?

Whats the bulb number on the fogs and do you know if that will work for my 2001 Sport. They look to be the same set up.

The SilverStar bulb # is H1 ST. (H1 is the bulb type, and the ST is for SilverStar). I know that the fog light bulbs are the same for the 4 door '01, but not sure for the Sport. I would imagine that it would be.

I believe that it would be an H-1 bulb. Twist the socket out, and then pull the bulb straight out. It has a flat blade type end, like the blade on your fuses. Look at the end of the bulb, and it will tell you what it is.

Originally posted by Johhny Island
Whats the bulb number on the fogs and do you know if that will work for my 2001 Sport. They look to be the same set up.

The bulb number should be in the owner's manual, near the back. I _THINK_ that your Sport uses a 9145 bulb. The 9145 is due out this year, but I think a 9005 can be modified to work. Do a search for +9145 +9005. Here's one thread that may help:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=53612&highlight=9005+fog

Back