Silverwood/Arrowhead January Snud Run | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Silverwood/Arrowhead January Snud Run

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I won't be making it either, sorry guys :( But in a few weeks i'd like to go. Now the wait for truckhaven...
Sorry to hear that. We'll miss you.

exploderpilot/Donner/R.J, can you guys confirm?

Boomer/Cyber, are you OK if it's just the three of us or would you prefer to abandon this and do it some other weekend?

no way. i don't think the truck will run until truckhaven. after last weekend in all that mud trying to pull my friends out, i don't want to ever see mud again. i think all my friends from sunday said they never wanna offroad again. i still have a mess load of mud to clean off underneath the truck and i have the whole interior to clean, which will be a pita. if you guys make another run after t/haven, i might be in

As for doing easier trails, I may be in the same boat as I could have more damage than I thought from the last run. I have to get under the truck and try to actually see what I am feeling, but I am not sure I want to put too much stress on the front end before dealing with it (whatever it is).

So i am not the only one having funny feelings about my truck too.
can't quite figure out why the truck feels it falling over when i turn left.

So i guess from the looks of it this is gonna the 3 amigos run?:D

...you guys just need to get a really, reliable vehicle, like a ranger...:p:

With seperating beds?:p:

...ok, i'll still have to talk to db1, rockranger and rangerX about that problem, but she's running like a champ...:D

It's looking like this is too close to truckhaven. And as it turns out, I have to work tomorrow.

So i guess from the looks of it this is gonna the 3 amigos run?:D
That's fine. It's easier to agree on the trails with only three. Donner said he would also make it when I PM'd him, but he hasn't posted, so . . . ? ? ?

Good news: I didn't find any problems under the truck other than some plastic needing to be zip tied back into place. My inverter has been ripped out and (after replacing fuses) pronounced dead, so my 120v air is still gone, but that's no big deal.

Now to pack some breakfast/lunch stuff.

Woot...

I now have a front tow hook...:D

...it was a royal pita, but at least next time it won't take so long to strap me up the hill...:p:

...tempting, tempting...but i need to be working darnit...:rolleyes:

Hey there...

if you all are going tomrw, i'd like to stop by and say hello... let me read the thread.

Is this still the plan?

Due to a few people missing the recent Big Bear run, I would like to invite everyone with the time to a run on this side of the San Bernardino Mtns (Cleghorn, Pilot Rock,etc.). The trails range from easy to fairly difficult, but all trails have bypasses and this will be doable by anyone with a working truck.

Date is Friday, January 11th at ?8:30am?. Meeting spot will be easy to reach at the McDonalds off the 15 at the 138.

Current status
When: Friday, Jan 11th at 8:30am (not firm yet)
Where: Highway 15/138 near Cleghorn.
Who: Boomer, Cybergasm, Ritsui, exploderpilot
unconfirmed: Donner?
Comm: CB CH 17, (alt 25)

How to get there
Exit the 15 at HWY 138 and come south on Wagon Train road (east of the 15). Meet in front of McDonalds.

GPS: 34°18'33.00"N, 117°28'11.65"W (34.309°, -117.47°)

What to bring
Bring a lunch. There is food/gas at the start of the run, but no services from there to the end.
Bring a camera! Views range from nothing (fogged in) to fairly spectacular in clear weather.
Bring a cooler with some BBQ stuff to cook if you plan to stop by my house after the run.

If it's changed... i'll wait for an update... thanks again!:)

All you guys who backed out... sucks to be you. It's going to be clear, 50°+ and snow on the hills all around :p: We'll take pics to rub it in of course :)

All you guys who backed out... sucks to be you. It's going to be clear, 50°+ and snow on the hills all around :p: We'll take pics to rub it in of course :)

You know i'm jealous :(

Well just got home from so hopefully i can up in the am and make it on time.

so if y'all can give me a call in the AM it would be appreciated:D

Just called you... you still asleep?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes thank you i am alive and getting ready to head outta here

Back