Since we're talking about rattles... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Since we're talking about rattles...

Chris K.

Reaction score
City, State
Gotham City, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Mountaineer
I have a rattle in the driver's side door of my 2008 Mercury Mountaineer with only 2,000 miles on it. It actually started around 1,000 miles. It's very small, but very annoying. It rattles about twice when going over sharp bumps. It goes away if I lower the window one slight touch, about 1/4 inch. I suspect it's the window stops, but not sure. Any other opinions? I prefer to fix it myself rather than have the dealership hacks rip apart the door.

I know this is an unfair comparison, but my 1997 Explorer Sport never had a rattle of any kind in over 11 years of ownership. It was a great piece of engineering. I'm beginning to regret selling it.

Chris

I know this is an unfair comparison, but my 1997 Explorer Sport never had a rattle of any kind in over 11 years of ownership. It was a great piece of engineering. I'm beginning to regret selling it.

That is a freak thing!!

I would take the new one back to the dealer. There is no reason for that to be happening at 2k miles. You paid for the car, they need to take care of it.

I would take it back. It might be a fastener or other small part that was dropped into the door while it was being built. It would not be the first time that has ever happened.

My 97 Sport is also pretty rattle free considering its now 12 years old. :p: :D

Back