Sirius channels are all wrong, no update i guess | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius channels are all wrong, no update i guess

Randys1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
so far if you say a channel by name it will take you to the old number for that channel before the merge, so i guess sirius has to fix this...i dont know, ford says it isnt their problem, but i think it is...

other than that and not figuring out to completely turn off seat memory movements, i am loving mine

i have park assist, havent figured out how to use it yet but that will be fun

There is info in one of the MFT threads.

Sirius says they are working on getting the channel update pushed out.

so far if you say a channel by name it will take you to the old number for that channel before the merge, so i guess sirius has to fix this...i dont know, ford says it isnt their problem, but i think it is...

other than that and not figuring out to completely turn off seat memory movements, i am loving mine

i have park assist, havent figured out how to use it yet but that will be fun
I know that dco43054 said this, but I wanted to confirm here as well that Ford engineering is currently looking into this issue. When a future software update is released, the issue will be resolved, but until then, using voice commands with the complete name of the channel may help. It also helps if you use the preset feature and use voice commands to tune to the channel using the "Preset <#>" or "SAT Preset <#>" command. To preset the station, press the lower left corner of the touchscreen and then select the SIRIUS tab. You can then press and hold one of the memory preset areas (on the right side of the screen). You will hear a brief mute and the sound will return when the station is saved.

Make sure to check SYNCMyRide.com for additional information and status updates on this issue.

I looked into how to turn off the seat memory movements and I found the following information on page 143 of the 2011 Explorer Owners Guide 4th edition:

“Deprogramming the memory feature from the transmitter:
To deactivate this feature:
1. Press and hold the desired button for five seconds. A tone will be heard after 11⁄2 seconds when the memory store is done, continue to hold until a second tone is heard after five seconds.
2. Within three seconds press the unlock button.
3. Repeat this procedure for each additional transmitter if desired.”

In case you don’t have a digital copy, the Owner’s Guide can also be downloaded/printed for free at www.FordOwner.com > Vehicle Basics > Owner’s Manual and Videos > and selecting 2011 Explorer from the drop down menus.

You can also find the full guide on the Active Park Assist on page 299. Let me know if you’d like any help with either of these features!

Cory

Back