• Register Today It's free!

Sirrius and GPS antennae

07Mounty

Reaction score
City, State
Midwest
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer Premier
I have a new to me 2007 Mountaineer. I have Sirrius radio but no navigation. There is a hockey puck antenna on the roof and I'm not sure what it is for. Also, there appears to be some type of antenna on the rear view mirror.

Any help would be appreciated. At some point I may upgrade the head unit. For now, it's not bad. It is the audiophile system with the cd changer and also a subwoofer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure the hocky puck on the roof is your Sirrius antenna. The thing on the mirror I am not sure about.

I have a new to me 2007 Mountaineer. I have Sirrius radio but no navigation. There is a hockey puck antenna on the roof and I'm not sure what it is for. Also, there appears to be some type of antenna on the rear view mirror.

Any help would be appreciated. At some point I may upgrade the head unit. For now, it's not bad. It is the audiophile system with the cd changer and also a subwoofer.

The Hockey puck is your Sirius. As for the antenna for the mirror, do you have a photo? It could be a remote start....

Thanks for the info. I will see if I can get a picture of the mirror from the outside.

I would like to upgrade to a nav system at some point and I am trying to sort out what I have. May just go the Garmin or Tom Tom on the dash route.

Back