• Register Today It's free!

Skyjacker Lift..?

Mat R

Reaction score
City, State
Woodinville(and all of western)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'85
hmmm... Well, I was surfing around a little bit today, and I came across the Skyjacker 6" lift. I called them on it, and the salesperson told me that for the rear lift they do a spring over AND either rear lift blocks, or new springs. This seems kind of odd to me since the Superlift 5.5" only uses a spring over?

Does anyone have this lift? What options did you choose, and are you happy with the overall quality of the lift? National Tire is selling the basic kit for not much and I thinking I might get this one instead of the Superlift.

Thanks for any help.

Mat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

general consensus I've heard is BAD... from brake lines that break (not break) openat random times, bad suspension components, etc.

I did a search on the lift, and I saw the bad reviews on the brake lines... which is not problem, because I could just go with Superlift, but what about the rest? Has anyone driven both a Superlift lifted vehicle and a Skyjacker lifted one?

And by bad, do you mean to say the shocks are bad, the pieces bend, what?

Mat

skyjacker

I have a 6" skyjacker lift on my explorer i got the system so it came with new leaf springs for the back but i didn't get new brake lines with it i think it comes seperatly

mcoil,

Did you get the Skyjacker shocks? I haven't really heard anything about them. How stiff is the rear, and how springy is the front?

I'm trying to figure this stuff out, so I can decide whether or not to buy the lift kit companys shocks, or RS9000s which would allow me to compensate for a mediocre ride better.

Mat

Back