skyjacker !!! Noooooo! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

skyjacker !!! Noooooo!

If you plan on wheeling it a lot I would suggest going with a straight axle conversion. The rear is easy because it's just a SPOA but I have never done the front so I can't say how hard it would be, but I know I have replaced a few parts on my Superlift in the past couple years and I am not that crazy of a driver off-road.
Then you have a 2-door it would be pretty easy to do some body trimming to get even bigger tires under there.
Just remember bigger tires, means different gears, another added cost.

Saturday after the post i decided to call 4 wheel parts back up before they shipped it and went with the 6 inch front instead of 4, and 2 inch drop shackles for the rear. kind of last minute but they let me change it.

Perry yeah, i plan on running 35" bfg mudders. This isn't going to be a hard-core abused machine, i just plan on moderate wheeling through the mountains in Tennessee where i used to live or sand dunes up North in Michigan, maybe going out west. I got a 4.0 already built bored 20 over with a r/v comp cam and I port and polished the heads. I plan on swapping in someday (my first engine build). I am taking the drivetrain class fall semester at the local college to learn differential as well as t-cases and manual trannys. I will be going with atleast 4.56 gears, maybe lower, and am doing research on lockers. After I lift this X 9 inches I will be saving the funds for tires, but I need the lower gears to run them anyways. As for a Hardcore machine i would like to do a Toyota Tacoma late 90's or early millenium with chevy 383 stroker and big axles and 40-44" tire. That will happen when i become more financially stable. A totally custom job that puts what i am doing to the X to shame. Besides Two big trucks are better than one.

Mechanix, i will definitely pm you when my truck is jacked. it may be 3 or 4 weeks for me to get the lift, install it, and take it to the garage i work at to align it. That would be great to get the picks on the sight, but it will be on 235/75/15's for a while, unless you are running 33's or 35's to throw on for a few quick pics.

Thanks for the help everyone. It showed me my options and made it alot easier to pick out what i wanted inorder to get the job done right.

Back