• Register Today It's free!

skyjacker !!! Noooooo!

jtf_explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Lansing, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 - 2 Door
Skyjacker has discontinued the 4 inch lift. they stopped th 6 inch about a year ago. what do i do now, i just saved up the 13 hundred to buy it and now i cant get it. do i have to go with the superlift now. i hear that is the second choice for quality. does anyone know where to get a class 2 system skyjacker new? if i can't anymore does superlift come with extended radius arms and new leafs, ect... This is terrible :fire: , and thanks for the help :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$1300 I would be looking at Giant Offroad, Camburg, Autofab, and the like.
:)

Save up another $1000 and you can get the Duff 5.5.

Does this mean the Ranger and B2 lifts are also going to be discontinued?
Some how I don't think they will. Who did you get this info from?

Try 4Wheel parts. I'm sure they still have kits. Rockymountain offroad is another.

I'd be looking elsewhere if infact they have discontinued the kits.

Buy the kit for a Ranger with the TTB front that your Ex has. That's what I did and it works perfectly. I paid $790 for the front kit and did a rear SOA. Just had to buy extended brake lines for the front and that's pretty much it.

Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer. Just let me know. They also still make a 8" kit for the rangers as well.

Good luck!

I am sorry it is a 1994 explorer so i believe Camburg and autofab are out of the question. Are the fronts exactly the same? i heard there was a minor difference between the lifts. i called national tire, 4 wheel parts, and went to all the local parts store and off road stores. nobody could get it and they all said it was discontinued. So if I get the front half of skyjacker with extended radius arms and everything for a ranger with a 4 or 6 inch class II system, I just need to find the leafs for the rear? of course shocks and brake lines as well. If i do the front half with the ranger kit does anyone have some recomendation on were to get leafs. I was wanting to stay away from the SOA conversion but i guess my horizon has just been opened up. BTW i truely appreciate you guys listening because the guy at Michigan Offroad tried to piece me together a skyjacker/superlift/Big Dicks Lift and then charge 1800 dollars. I don't think so. He acted like this Big Dick (BDS) lift out of Michigan was better than skyjacker. anyways i apprecaite the help because i need to buy the lift in a couple of weeks and need to make sure i get the correct stuff.

The 5.5" lift with a rear SOA will make it look perfect. Plus you'll never have to worry about clearence issues. I'll get some pics to you later after I feed my Boy.

5.5 lift? are you talking about the superlift kit? does a SOA give about 5.5 inches? I got a 2-door so if i do a SOA i may want to put in 4-door springs, huh? is the 5.5 and 6 inch lifts o-kay with stock drive-shaft length and angle? The guy at the offroad store said transmission skid plates on rangers and explorers are different, so does this afect extended radius arm installation? I personally like your idea, nak4af, of the ranger front skyjacker 6 inch but will an SOA and 4-door springs make the rear level. Sorry for all the question. Don't mean to be a pest, just triing to get set in the right direction. thanks.

I have a 2 door also. The kit is direct bolt up and it is the Skyjacker I'm talking about (they have better integrity issues with their brackets compared to others). I did have to extend my rear driveshaft. $101 at a local driveline shop. I put in the 4 door springs for more payload, but it does make it more level. When you do the SOA you will set the angle when you weld the perches on.

I noticed back in Sept 2004 that skyjacker was begining to phase out its 1st Gen Explorer Lift parts.
Skyjacker discontinued thread I did pick up the Class II kit, but had to purchase 4" springs from Carrier Spring

I was going to just go 4 inches. I think i may go skyjacker ranger 4 inch front then superlift leafs 4 inch rear and no SOA. If this will be a good setup and look even let me know and i will order it today. i just dont want to go through all that extra spring perch and extended driveshaft and more angle on the shaft and all. thanks for all the help and atleast half will be skyjacker (skyjacker gives me a hard-on incase you couldn't tell.)

jtf_explorer said:
I was going to just go 4 inches. I think i may go skyjacker ranger 4 inch front then superlift leafs 4 inch rear and no SOA. If this will be a good setup and look even let me know and i will order it today. i just dont want to go through all that extra spring perch and extended driveshaft and more angle on the shaft and all. thanks for all the help and atleast half will be skyjacker (skyjacker gives me a hard-on incase you couldn't tell.)

Yes that should work. If the rear is not up to par you could always lift a bit more with a longer shackle.

A SOA will prolly net you around 4.5" of lift. But if that's not the way you want to go then yes the SuperJunk leaves will get you your height. If not add a longer shackle. :thumbsup:

Mcneil, Giant, Camburg, Autofab all sell beam kits for your truck.
If you want a botl on kit there is nothing wrong with the superlift, however to me the springs are too stiff.

You can get 6" skyjacker coils, run them with a Superlift Kit, weld on some spring perches in the back and do a SOA....blamo done.
brake lines, pitman arm, drop brackets you can get all of ti from Superlift or piece it together.

I personally would skip this and look at running a custom beam setup, thats how you utilize the full potential of the TTB for serious off roading and for better on street handling.

Heres my truck when it was just 33's and the 5.5" kit. The tires are BFG Mud Kings so they aren't true 33" tires.

585812170026.jpg

585812170021.jpg

nak4af, that 2nd picture is so beautiful. Yesturday i ordered my stuff from 4wheelparts who says that they beat any price, and they do! I got the front half ranger 4" class II system, rear superlift 4", 3" body lift with shifter extension, and sky jacker nitro's with red boots. For all of this i paid $1480 plus $65 shipping equalling $1,545. Not to shabby and i think i will stick with these guys for my other offroad needs. It should all be here next Friday, so i have started disasembly. BTW, if anybody lives around Lansing, MI and wants to take a picture of my Ex to post when i lift it that would be sweet.

That sounds like a good deal you got! Don't forget to take lots of pics for all of us to see.

Looks really good. I like those black rims, goes good with the color of your Sport. Might do the same on my B11, haven't decided yet.

if you are serious about custom beams, look into paul bredhoft (sp) setup... his is probably the nicest ttb i have ever seen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I live about 45 min to the south of you I could swing up there and snap off a few pics. Shoot me a pm.

Back