skyjacker question, more i research, more Im confused | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

skyjacker question, more i research, more Im confused

scott93EB

Reaction score
City, State
Golden, CO (school) Los Alamos, NM (Home)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
ok Im just researching what may be coming in the future. I am looking at the skyjacker kits right now, I see they have from like 2 up to 6 inch kits. The four inch it costs 1000$ here , this appears to be a leaf spring kit. Then there is the 6 inch, it says nothing special about having other mods done, but the kit is half the price of the 4in lift, here is the six. but ont the 6 in lifts info it says "blocks", does the kit include those brackets to do SOA with? And then they use blocks to lift, and it's half the price? Or is there some error or they assume you have SOA already? im jsut a little lost, well a lot lost here. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With my 6 inch i just did the SOA in the rear. It sits pretty level and for the SOA it only cost about $20 for the perch's. I may have my lift for sale this summer. How soon you looking to do this?

Edit- after looking at that site i dunno what they give you for the back. Blocks would just lower it. Also last i checked skyjacker didnt make the soa conversion brackets.

ok so im not the only one a little confues why they have blocks there. It depends, if I do go through, it will be after the summer. I leave NM and go back to CO in early aug, it would be in that time frame. I still am caught in the middle, I would like someday to ahve SOA but thats about 5-6 inches? the size tire that looks OK is a lot of money once im lifted. I also look at doing a 4 kit and like 33's. Thing is I have a 3 in BL coming which i did first for cost, and I can work up on install complexity. I would ditch the BL if I go for anyhting more than a 2.5, I would not like to have 7 inches of lift wiht 3 of it body. So....jsut putting my thoughts up now, repsond if you have ideas or comments. Im in college so the budget is important, as well as even if somthing is cheaper installing it myself is not really an option at school. its a tight spot but i really like my truck and would like to improve it.

I ran 33's with a 6 inch skyjacker and a 3 inch body lift. It didnt really look to bad. You could run 33's with the 6 inch and it would look fine. You could also do a 2 inch suspension (spacer and shackles/add-a-leaf) and the 3 inch body and ran 33's. It would look good to. If you need help i may be bored during the summer and could prob head up there to give you a hand.

The blocks are for the rangers.

do the 6" and skip the body lift, the 33's will fit with trimming and you wont be so tippy :)

Back