• Register Today It's free!

Small bubbles in tint

rob41185

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport
Well, a few months ago i got my windows tinted and they left a piece of wrapper in there. I took it back the next day and they left a hair in it and some hard glue. They tried to tell me the hair would go away and i was kinda pissed. Now the tint is starting to get small bubbles along the bottom of the driver's side window. Has this happened to any of you? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

simple,,,,,

you have simple had your tinting doen by someone who didnt know what they were doing.
I do all my own tinting, and alot of tinting for other's, and i must say the Explorer's are so far about the easyest thing to do.
i would look for somewhere else to get tint

Hey Rob, Where did you have it done? I'd take it back and make them do it again. If it is not too many bubbles, you can take a straight pin and poke the tint enough just to get the bubble out. Sometimes you can do that and it not show through. I recently had my rears done at this place across from Anderson Mall. Can't remember the name off hand but they did a good job.

sounds like you just used a very crappy place!

tint unlimited in anderson

Well the reason i came to this place is because 5 of the guys i work with had it done there and they were happy with it so i decided i'd give it a try. They didn't do anything up to the standards that i would have liked.

I would take it back and show them, maybe(not likely) they will redo the affected windows. The main reason for bubbles is crappy workmanship...

Rob, I don't know the guys name that did mine, but he was blonde and appeared to be around 18-20 yo. I told the owner that they had better do a good job on it, because I had always tinted my own windows in the past, but didnt have the time to do it this time. He said that he had been in business for 18 years, and promised to do it right.

My suggestion: In the future get a warantee.

But for now, just go back to the place and make them redo it again.

warranty

oh it has a warranty, but the guys working there were just lazy and didn't want to fix it

Just wondering, how did you pay for the tint?

If it was credit, you can always stop payment :)

Hey Rob. I'll try and find out who the owner was so you can talk directly with him. I know when I went in their the first time the employees seemed like they were young and didnt give a rip.

payment

i paid with credit card. My parents didn't think that they could get a refund for a hair in the window but now that it's getting worse we shall see. I'll take it in and do what you said loudenmire only i'll bring my dad with me so i wont just be "some damn whiny kid".

Re: warranty

Originally posted by rob41185
oh it has a warranty, but the guys working there were just lazy and didn't want to fix it

Well in that case just yell and scream and rain holy hell til it gets fixed right!

Damn dude that sux. Now im really discouradged about getting my tint. Ide be PISSED! :mad: :mad: :( :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by XxX_Sport_XxX
Damn dude that sux. Now im really discouradged about getting my tint.

Don't let it discourage you. Just make sure you go to a reputable place and get a good warranty

Got me a lifetime warranty, they did a crappy job on the hatch window getting it fixed but otherwise pleased.

Auto AmeriStar is where I got mine done.

I want the rear and side windows 10 % and the front tinted to match, Is that to much ? WIll I be able to see, lol :D

It needs to be redone if you use a pin you will see light come through were you poke it. Pin trick only works in something that light dosen't pass through.

Back