• Register Today It's free!

Smooth Ride?

AWDexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
columbus ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt awd 5.0
Hey everyone... i have a 97 xlt with basic stock suspension setup. I had a nasty offroading habit last summer and busted it up a bit. So far, i have replaced the shocks and struts, sway bar linkage, hub bearing assemblies, inner tie rod ends, and got an alignment, all with dealership parts, and monroe gas shocks and struts, nothing big. I know theres tons more, but it seems my ride is still really rough on like brick surfacees and stuff. sometimes, on a brick road, my cd player wont even play bc it jerks around so much. anything i can do off the top of your head to help that? it all looks visibly correct, and is fine on smooth surfaces, but not so smooth on dirt and brick. You think bushing and springs need replaced? Let me know bc this rough ride is killin me. Thanks guys

Also one more thing... possibly, but not directly related... how can i improve my gas mileage. i get about 10-12 mpg on average... sometimes as low as 6 mpg... think its due to bad suspension? i have replaved my fuel filter, air filter, rotate/balance tires regularly, and change oil every 2500. i take care of my baby, but things like this get the best of me.

i would like to know the answers also.

Back