Snorkel added and new tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snorkel added and new tires

Still waiting for my Cowl Hood from EE. Added a snorkel and SK1er17's Xterrains. Also got a front receiver winch on the way..I know it's a dark pic but my camera was dieing.. But it made my paint look REALLY nice.. Trust me it's really not like that..

317999_94_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great. :thumbsup:

I've also been wanting a cowl induction hood from EE. I need to get my bigger tires and BL first though. Then I'll have to get the hood. Looks good though, I actually used a pic of your X to give him an idea of where I was going with mine.

looks awesome dude.. man i miss those tires :(

lol and ill vouch for him... his paint dont look like that at all :D

Looks damn good, post a pic when you get the cowl hood on I'm intereasted to see what that looks like ;)

Got more pics of the snorkel?

SWEET. Good looking X. I like to see more of the snorkel setup as well. Looks like it kind of curves away from the windshield?? Was this a kit? Or did you fab it up yourself?

Could you include pics of how it is connected under the hood? That would be SWEET.

And uh - Could you take a pic of your X in mud up to your winshield... but still running?????!!!

You guys, its not a kit. You have to cut and bend the PVC yourselves. The top he is using is probably just a generic ARB snorkel top. Search for a thread made by Dasfrem on how to build a snorkel.

I want pics, because it cool. Oh, and I want to see how you cut your sheetmetal where it comes up ;)

That looks like one very well kept truck. Snorkel and tires look sweet!

yea guys the snorkel head is ARB.. costs like $77 shipped now.

The rest is just pvc. he used 2" pipe and a heat gun to bend his. i used 3" and put an elbow under my fender so you can't see it.

and bigmellon: both carlos and i have hydrolocked our engines (in the same exact spot as a matter of fact) ... so as soon as both of us get together again for some wheeling at "that spot", im sure we'll have ammusing pics for you all to see... we have some revenge to take out on the pine barrons :D

thanks for answering those questions guys and thanks for all the compliments.. I've been busy working but as soon as i get everything together matt and I will be doing some serious wheeling.. O and im also getting a 12,000 lb. winch :thumbsup:

I still want to see how/where the snorkel comes through the sheet metal. And did you use anything to protect the edge?

Premier said:
I still want to see how/where the snorkel comes through the sheet metal. And did you use anything to protect the edge?

Ill have pics up on Monday.

Hey man were you down here at Monmouth University in the police department lot the other day??? I drove by and caught a quick glimpse of what im pretty sure was your truck with the snorkel and all. It looked mean as hell!!

LiKuiD said:
Hey man were you down here at Monmouth University in the police department lot the other day??? I drove by and caught a quick glimpse of what im pretty sure was your truck with the snorkel and all. It looked mean as hell!!

Yea man that was my truck. I was visiting my gf who goes there. You go there?

looking good...i like the new treads...very nice

I am lookin' forward to some under hood pics later this morning. I really want to see how this is all hooked up under the sheet metal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back