So is the Dec 2012 MFT Release V4? v3.6? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So is the Dec 2012 MFT Release V4? v3.6?

No update available on syncmyride.com for my non-Nav running 3.2.2. Am I missing something?

Send me your VIN in a private message and I'll check to see why that is, 2011XLT.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will 3.5.1 fix my MFT issues?

Hello -

I have had my new 2013 Explorer XLT for a little over a month (took possession in early November). The dealer provided it with MFT version 3.2.2. I have been having the following issues with it:

1) Vehicle Health Report never completes. My car is registered at SyncMyRide.com, and the account has been successfully enabled for Vehicle Health Reports. Each time that I run the Vehicle Health Report from the MyFord Touch panel, the following sequence of events occurs:
a) MFT dials the phone number and appears to connect successfully (looks fine from my phone as well). The touch panel displays the text "Sending Report."
b) Anywhere from roughly 1 to 4 minutes later (it varies each time), the touch panel displays the text "Call ended"
c) Several seconds later, the touch panel displays "Server Connection Error: The report cannot be submitted at this time."

2) Spurious disconnects of my iPhone 4s (IOS version 6.0.1) upon vehicle startup.

3) Occasional black (dark) touch screen upon vehicle startup, following about a minute later with "Performing Scheduled System Maintenance," after which the MFT system appears to come up fine. By coincidence, this seems to happen to me on Saturday afternoons.

Hello -

I have had my new 2013 Explorer XLT for a little over a month (took possession in early November). The dealer provided it with MFT version 3.2.2. I have been having the following issues with it:

1) Vehicle Health Report never completes. My car is registered at SyncMyRide.com, and the account has been successfully enabled for Vehicle Health Reports. Each time that I run the Vehicle Health Report from the MyFord Touch panel, the following sequence of events occurs:
a) MFT dials the phone number and appears to connect successfully (looks fine from my phone as well). The touch panel displays the text "Sending Report."
b) Anywhere from roughly 1 to 4 minutes later (it varies each time), the touch panel displays the text "Call ended"
c) Several seconds later, the touch panel displays "Server Connection Error: The report cannot be submitted at this time."

2) Spurious disconnects of my iPhone 4s (IOS version 6.0.1) upon vehicle startup.

3) Occasional black (dark) touch screen upon vehicle startup, following about a minute later with "Performing Scheduled System Maintenance," after which the MFT system appears to come up fine. By coincidence, this seems to happen to me on Saturday afternoons.

You aren't running the latest update. Go see your dealer and have the update done.

Hello -

Hi, BigPapisExplorer!

While I agree with broken strut that you should visit your dealer for the latest update (or you can download it from SYNCMyRide.com if you don't have NAV), please send me a private message with your VIN so I can look into your Vehicle Health Report concern.

Rebecca

Has anyone else noticed a huge improvement in the BT noise issue since the 3.5.1 update?? It was amazing to be able to hear my wife clearly for the first time since we have owned this vehicle.

Yep, See third bullet. I've noticed a significant improvement in this and particularly voice recognition.

MFT35Improvements.jpg

Has anyone else noticed a huge improvement in the BT noise issue since the 3.5.1 update?? It was amazing to be able to hear my wife clearly for the first time since we have owned this vehicle.
Well, maybe it's time to upload it then. Doesn't seem to have caused too many problems.

Well, maybe it's time to upload it then. Doesn't seem to have caused too many problems.

My wife drives it everyday but so far she has not complained about any issues.

Im having consistent phone calll issues now with v 3.5.1......phone shows connected to MFT, phone rings nothing shows up on MFT to answer the call so I have to pick up the phone and answer by hand.

As several others here have advised this is more to do with iPhone iOS then MFT.

Just updated my iPhone5 to iOS6.1 Beta 4 (even though Beta 5 is out) will see if anything improves.

Maybe someone in the IT business can educate me on why Apple released Gold Master version of iOS 6.1 then backed it down to Beta 5?.......Im guessing it has to do with hackers finding too many jailbreak exploits in the GM version so they need time to tighten up security.

Back