SOA? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOA?

dannyboy, what do you reccommend i do to the front to even it out a bit? coming up 1.5" in shorter in the front would be fine but no more than that. so what do you think would be the cheapest/easiest method?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by littleExplorer
dannyboy, what do you reccommend i do to the front to even it out a bit? coming up 1.5" in shorter in the front would be fine but no more than that. so what do you think would be the cheapest/easiest method?

Why not read the post from Robb that was mentioned earlier. Incase it's too tough to look back here it is again.

Originally posted by Robb
Your options for the front:

1) 5" tortion twist........I don't advise this. I have ridden in a Ranger that was twisted very high. It rode like a brick. Cost: free + alignment

2) 2" tortion twist + lift spindles (total, about 5"). For just looks, this isn't a bad setup. You could probably twist the t-bars up for another inch or so without too much loss in comport. Cost: +/- $500 plus alignment

4) A true IFS suspension lift kit. Great way to go. Cost: $1200-$$$$

3) RCD Coilover Kit. Take a look at the last couple of pages of the "RCD COILOVER KIT" thread in the Suspension Forum. Cost: Unsure, but I think they were $1300 or $1600 or something like that.

Theres answers. He knows what he's talking about. Ask the question 5 more times, and you'll still be gettin the same answer

ok like i said ...dannyboy...apparently your the one that cant read...look, im just trying to get more than one opinion so thanks anyways

You would have to do some trimming but, if you put 35's up front and 31's in back that would give you 4" of lift up front so you only end up with 1.5" of rake with a SOA. I would not do this, but it is a option.

hmm interesting thanks for the opinion:)

Back