• Register Today It's free!

SOL if you have bike rack on back

trysixty

Reaction score
City, State
PNW
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
after 5 explorers in 12 years, this 2020 is the worst .........bike rack causes you turn Parking assist off every start and an obnoxious alarm and stupid message about reverse brake assist not active, every time you go into reverse. Not to mention the ASS feature which saves zero gas and lets you get smeared making a left turn.

I guess after 12 years Ford Management’s IQ has finally reached it’s stock price.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

after 5 explorers in 12 years, this 2020 is the worst .........bike rack causes you turn Parking assist off every start and an obnoxious alarm and stupid message about reverse brake assist not active, every time you go into reverse. Not to mention the ASS feature which saves zero gas and lets you get smeared making a left turn.

I guess after 12 years Ford Management’s IQ has finally reached it’s stock price.

Care to link me to 1 accident that was caused turning left from auto start/stop?

Studies show 8% improvement in traffic with Auto start/stop.

Automatic Start-Stop Tech Saves More Fuel Than You Think

And I'm not sure what vehicles you have had but I have always had alarms going off when I have had a bike rack on the 5th gen and would expect the same with the 6th. You are blocking the sensors.. what do you expect?

Actually today I installed a nice looking cross bars on top of the roof. Had them installed but I have no idea how to attach bikes. I gotta look into this more. There has to be some straps or something in addition to the crossbars that I have to buy.

I use trailer hitch bike rack on mine at least once a week. Just have to press the button on the dash to disable the brake assist. Not a big deal.

Back