Solved. 2012 Explorer won't start. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Abimael Y'israel

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer base v6
Hello,

I have a 2012 awd ford explorer. I drove to the gas station to get gas, jumped back in the car to start it and it wouldn't start. The symptoms I'm having are these:

Ignition rapidly clicks when I turn the key, even after I take the key out of the ignition it still clicks for a good 5 - 10 seconds before it stops.
All the lights inside the car flicks on and off continuosly for a few seconds until the car settles.
When the display finally comes on it may show half of it and at the odometer area it shows me three warning messages:
- check brake system
- service advancetrac
- hill descent control fault

After the car does all those crazy moves, the car stops responding to my key fob for a minute then starts to work.

I tried jumping the battery, but that didn't work. Removed the positive cable from the battery to reset the system, but that didn't work.

I'm stuck right now and don't know what next to do. Any help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok. That's a start. I'll check that as soon as I get back to the car. Thanks.

Welcome to this forum! Check the condition of the battery terminals & cables. It might have intermittent electrical contact.

Welcome to this forum! Check the condition of the battery terminals & cables. It might have intermittent electrical contact.

Just giving you an update. So I checked the cables and the terminals and they are fine. Took the battery out and found out that the battery is bad. I replaced the battery and I'm riding again. Thanks for the help.

I bought the car used, so I doubt if it was the original battery. The battery I bought was from advance auto zone.

Back