• Register Today It's free!

Some A/C woes

ZBlackBeast

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer/SHO
Mkar.. So, picked up a 2000 Ranger 5 speed 3.0, and the a/c doesnt work.. Much like my SHO, we jumper the low AND hi pressure switch to get the compressor to kick on to try and add r-134a.. well no dice.. After playing with a volt meter for a while we decided that there must be a drain in the series from the high pressure switch to the low pressure switch. (red with yellow stripe wire).. Any insight? Also, when we jumped the high pressure side the motor revved up like it was expecting the compressor to kick on.. We measured the power going to the compressor when we jumped it and it had less than 1v..

No one has ANY idea?

put guages on it to see if there is any freon in it first befor jumping the cycle sw on the accumulator..there has to be about 60 psi for the switch to close for comressor to engage,,if you jump the high side switch the compressor will prob disengage like it supposed to..(high pressure cut out)....and make sure you have a good set of coulpers on the hoses to depress the schrader valve to full low side and check high side....

It doesnt matter.. If i jump the switch it should fool the sensor in thinking there is proper pressure and engage the clutch. I had to do this on my SHO to fill it up.

Back