some mods ive done what do you think ? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

some mods ive done what do you think ?

heres the bracket i made for now im going to get the ball mount soon
002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

rabbit " quote " stock is about 13" from floor to pinch like i said, and top of front rim to fender is right around 12" rims being 15s from this post here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334974&highlight=tt+stock

edit i think my tb bolts have been replaced before ive got one longer then the other so i just got 1'' out of it for now 13'' from rim to fender driver side as far as it will go im going to get some longer bolts when i find the post that says what ones need to get.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On flat level ground measure from the ground to the center outside of the wheelwell before and after doing the TT. Measure all four corners.

this might be a stupid question but what is the pinch weld :scratch:

yes thinks for adding that rebel i forgot to say that in the last post i just did and ill be doing my soa just as soon as the shop gets the perches that i had them get for 9$ each they just go on top and bolt right to the old ones and then ill weld them in place as well

they just go on top and bolt right to the old ones

That's something I haven't seen before. What do you mean they bolt to the old ones? I'm still considering a SOA and sloping my body lift.

ill get some pics of them when they come in and as i put them on he needs 2 more ppl to want them before he can place an order im thinking of telling him to add the 2 more to my bill and if any one wants them after i post how they work ill send them out 18$ + shipping 18$ is the cost for one set so 9$ each. im starting a new post x. vs. ranger take a look at it i should be done with it and posted in about 30

Don't pansy out and just do the SAS Hugh. LOL.

I'm still trying to hunt down a Waggy axle to use. These things are harder to find then people say. The complete vehicles bring in big bucks so people don't wanna part them out.

Well I finally was able to get a good price on a CB, and test fitted it with a head unit of the same size. It will FIT!!!! Yay! what I got was a FREE Midland Model 13-882B, Works, but It did not come with a mic, easy enough to get. I tested it with a mic my friends has, he is actually the one who gave it to me.

Now for the question...

1. If I where to run an inline fuse, how many AMP fuse would I run? (I downloaded the owners manual from CBTricks.com, but it says nothing about Amps, or to even use a fuse.)

ok for the fuse a 2 amp is good ive got a 10 amp in mine i would use a 2 or 5 amp on a midland if i was you i havnt went over 5 on midlands ive all ways use a 10 on corbas and i would use the glass fuses with an in line holder now how are you hooking it up pulg in or hard wire eather way look at my post http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344992 if you need more on how to do a switched aux. power port and your cb off the same relay let me know and ill be glad to help

Mine is 2 amp

I will use a 5 amp then. I was wondering if I should use a swtich, or find something with keyed power to hook it up to.

I will use a 5 amp then. I was wondering if I should use a swtich, or find something with keyed power to hook it up to.

thing man thing is how often do you paln on using it and do you want to be drilling for a swtich mine is keyed off the same relay for the power port thats on the pass. side that is always hot but not any more lol( no more dead batterys)
:)

thing man thing is how often do you paln on using it and do you want to be drilling for a swtich mine is keyed off the same relay for the power port thats on the pass. side that is always hot but not any more lol( no more dead batterys)
:)

OK, I was actually thinking about doing that. but as for the switched portion, I don't currently have, and really don't want to do anything with my stereo. plus I won't be using my CB all of the time, mainly for when I am bored, and want to listen to people, and when I am on roadtrips, or heading to Chicago, for traffic.

Back