Some questions on a 2021 Ford Explorer Purchase | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some questions on a 2021 Ford Explorer Purchase

I had similar thoughts to the majority of your comments above. The Telluride and Palisade are getting the love from the critics but dig deep in some reviews and one will find complaints of bad interior odors, electrical, wind noise and glass issues. They were never a contender for me due to the FWD transverse mounted platform which I personally feel is not appropriate for larger vehicles (main reason I did not like my 18 Expl).

One side note to the VW/Audi comparison and my apologies if off topic or offends. VW and Audi are different for sure, but very similar in reliabilty. Not good. Nice when they're new and under warranty but the VW and Audi makes have some serious and expensive problems when they get some age and miles. American have really been "taken" by that whole "German Quality" perception.

VW and Audi.... both VAG wagons haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Funny enough you ask this. The higher end Explorer’s MSRP actually went down by around $1500 going from 2020 to 2021 for an equally speced vehicle.

That's interesting. My 2021 PIU is $6,000(!) more than my 2017, and that's NOT counting the 3.0EB which is effectively a $4,000 option, even though Ford makes it look like it's only a $780 option.

Update 4 months later: For those who may revisit this thread doing their own research, I thought I'd share an update. After returning a 2021 Ford Explorer Hybrid V6, I went with the Limited 2.3L V4 trim level. It has been a great experience, The ride has been smooth, the shifting between gears flawless, and I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. That after a rather disastrous several days with the Hybrid. I wonder to this day how that trim level is doing and whether others experienced the problems I did. But I will not soon forget the feelings of regret 4 days into your new car when you realize you made a major mistake. Not fun. Anyway, all ended up well. Good luck in your car search!

That's great to hear. I'm glad everything finally worked out for you.:chug:

That's great to hear. I'm glad everything finally worked out for you.:chug:
It did. And I owe much to this Forum. Such a fantastic source of information and ever helpful posters! :)

Update 4 months later: For those who may revisit this thread doing their own research, I thought I'd share an update. After returning a 2021 Ford Explorer Hybrid V6, I went with the Limited 2.3L V4 trim level. It has been a great experience, The ride has been smooth, the shifting between gears flawless, and I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. That after a rather disastrous several days with the Hybrid. I wonder to this day how that trim level is doing and whether others experienced the problems I did. But I will not soon forget the feelings of regret 4 days into your new car when you realize you made a major mistake. Not fun. Anyway, all ended up well. Good luck in your car search!

V4, eh?

The limited Explorer does have some better seat material similar to the Lariat F150 and the side rear window shades are awesome. If you are an enthusiast and a car/ truck person the new Explorer checks a bunch of marks off the list that the previous generation did not. The Ranger, Explorer, F150, and Bronco are all stars in a very tight market with huge competition where wins are hard to come by.

Kia and Hyundai may make excellent vehicles however I will never own one.
👍

Back