Somebody help, removed rear sub to replace it and now rear door speakers nor sub work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Somebody help, removed rear sub to replace it and now rear door speakers nor sub work

98Exploder5.0

Reaction score
City, State
Cartersville, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer 5.0
I simply removed the interior panel in the pass. rear, took out the factory sub and enclosure, went and bought a new 8" sub, and now the rear door speakers won't work, and if I fade it all the way back and turn up the volume to max I can hear just a buzz from the sub.

What have I done? How can the rear door speakers have been affected by removing the sub. I went through and checked every fuse w/o any problems. This is killin' me.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance!

you could have shorted the amp that's powering it? i've done it before if the + lead touches the chassis when the car is on or touches another lead, it could short your amp. And usually, subs are run on the rear channels, so maybe that could be the problem?

stereo problems

OK, just replaced sub and amp with new replacements (ebay takeout from a new one).

The sub is better than ever...but the rear door speakers still do nothing. It's not too bad w/ the front door speakers and rear sub, but would like it right. My only guess at this point is that the leads from the head unit are somehow bad to the rear doors.

Back