Sound Tickets and Facebook | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sound Tickets and Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to agree with everyone here... i have a 500w sub in my truck, but you can't hear it outside the truck... i keep it down especially when i turn into a development. If it's loud enough for a cop to give you a ticket.... he's saving you the trouble of needing to carry around a piece of paper so people can write what they are trying to tell you later in life. try this... instead of going for shaking shattering glass loud. try to make a clean system, that sounds good so you don't have to make it so loud that you can't hear the distortion.

Well said. Some people post Youtube vids of their system builds on this site and it's pretty apparent they're the same kids making NOISE in the neighbourhoods based on the lousy components they're using and the music they show off in the same vids. It's less about listening to actual music and more about going "boom, boom, boom".

As someone put it, the "look at me" attitude is the ultimate sign of insecurity. :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not to mention drawing a big target for the "smash and grabs"

Bass doesn't bother me at all in the daytime especially in the summer time when there's plenty of other noises like planes, lawn mowers, bikes, Open exhaust trucks. Let them have their fun. Most of the time their systems are not nearly as loud on the outside of their cars as it is on the inside. I myself have a pretty bangin system in my truck but by no means am I egotistical. And I like to listen to music as well. Most of the time I don't even have my stuff turned up as loud as it can be. Most people these days are prudes and easily offended. It's definitely understandable if it's 2 am and people are going through residential areas waking people up with that. But by no means unless their shattering glass does anyone deserve damage done to their vehicles(slashed tires) just from some noise.

some day they will grow up and the other one will drop,
till than i guess it is ear canal damage and whining,

Bass doesn't bother me at all in the daytime especially in the summer time when there's plenty of other noises like planes, lawn mowers, bikes, Open exhaust trucks. Let them have their fun. Most of the time their systems are not nearly as loud on the outside of their cars as it is on the inside. I myself have a pretty bangin system in my truck but by no means am I egotistical. And I like to listen to music as well. Most of the time I don't even have my stuff turned up as loud as it can be. Most people these days are prudes and easily offended. It's definitely understandable if it's 2 am and people are going through residential areas waking people up with that. But by no means unless their shattering glass does anyone deserve damage done to their vehicles(slashed tires) just from some noise.

if you actually go to the facebook page, and look at the tickets. all the tickets are at night(can't read times, but three are double digit PMs and one is a single digit AM), and the picture is at night with the cop, so clearly the kid is doing it at night which is why he's getting a ticket. agreed most cops don't care during the day, but this kid isn't getting them during the day. he's getting them when people are trying to sleep and there is stuff falling off the walls waking them up/.

Since when do facebook groups actually help any cause? :rolleyes:

They don't... just a way for a bunch of loser kids to feel important...

Umm.. what does that say about this? http://www.facebook.com/barackobama or this? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204332151

Lets keep it civil in here.. No flaming.. or the big stick will have to come out..

~Mark

Not to mention all the right wing tripe too. Keep it balanced, Mark. This wasn't meant to be a political discussion after all. :D

With all due respect, there are a LOT of varied Groups on Facebook that make me roll my eyes (many causes and interests). I know because I'm always getting invites to join them. Good thing they have an "ignore" button on FB.

I don't agree with inflicting violence on the vehicles of this "boom, boom, boom" generation (that's just plain stupid), but I'm all for them getting written up and paying a fine for their indiscretions. Our walls shake often in the evenings and early mornings with kids driving in my neighbourhood showing a complete lack of respect for the residents who live here. Don't even get me started on the speeders who fly down our narrow streets with cars parked on both sides of the street.

Not to mention all the right wing tripe too. Keep it balanced, Mark. This wasn't meant to be a political discussion after all. :D
The 2nd link WAS SUPPOSED to be the republican party facebook page.. bad copy/paste.. The correct 2nd link was supposed to be http://www.facebook.com/pages/Republican-Party/5724824900?ref=ts.. I edited my post above..

A better example would have been http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2218405167 :)

BTW.. I'm not saying anyone IS flaming.. just trying to make sure people think of it before they do it..

~Mark

The 2nd link WAS SUPPOSED to be the republican party facebook page.. bad copy/paste.. The correct 2nd link was supposed to be http://www.facebook.com/pages/Republican-Party/5724824900?ref=ts.. I edited my post above..

A better example would have been http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2218405167 :)

BTW.. I'm not saying anyone IS flaming.. just trying to make sure people think of it before they do it..

~Mark

LOL. I full expected the Obama link to be followed up with a Palin link or something. You don't seem to be the type who marches around with his politics on his sleeve. :D

Ok I can say that I agree with you guys to an extent.

Listen (if you can hear me over your system lol) I ran 4 12's and it was way to loud. Did I get any tickets. DUH>>>>>> what do you think. It was illegal and I knew it. Did I think it was unfair to get a ticket when what Maniak mentioned. Duh again.

Guys 500 watts can be made loud. You may not realize it yet. No it wont be made earthshattering loud but it can be loud enough to get a ticket. Now are we still going to wine aobut it. Yes we will but its not going to change anything. Sometimes its just to loud.

If they are going to give out the tickets, it should the fair, across the board.. How should it be enforced, (spl meters etc) I'm not going to get into...

I'll just say that I completely agree with this.

my dad's Harley has aftermarket exhaust; it's loud as all hell. Yet, no ticket for excessive noise.

Yet, when I had the exhaust re-done on my old B2 with just glasspacks, I get a ticket for excessive noise, when plenty of Harley's are MUCH louder, yet they don't get in trouble.

Obviously, I hate the idiots who drive around with the bass booming at 1am in a neighborhood.
But I also hate the people that redline their Harley's through a neighborhood, too.
I'm an equal opportunity hater :D

so I sort of agree. Why does a stock Harley, that's much louder than the "excessive noise" limit, not get in any trouble?

Im on the fence with this one. Me being one of those punks with 3600 watts, I rarely EVER have it up at all in my neighborhood, and NEVER at night. I have a few times early in the day, letting friends hear it and family (And whatnot who've never heard of a sub before lol.)

I think a big portion of me being that way is because we had some trashy neighbors move in a few years back that had a big stereo system in their house, and partied 20/7; and the fact that I was raised pretty darn good, and im a very well manered teen.

On the road, I play it at whatever level im feeling, but at stoplights/instersections, its like a reflex to turn it down. Not sure how that came about, but any fellow Monroe/Newport-ers, follow me one day and see if you hear me LOL.

I do think though that its ridiculous to give a ticket to someone with loud music, but let Harleys and whatnot with straight pipes redlining it be okay.

Everynight in my neighborhood, (besides winter time) around 3am some ####### with a straight piped Harley literally flies down my road doing at least 80 MPH. I am not joking when I say everynight, nor am I joking about the 80 MPH. I can hear him on Dixie, when our neighborhood is literally 2.5 miles down the side road!

So all in all, im not joining any groups against bass haters, but I do disagree with the punks driving 500$ cars with 3000$ stereo's blasting it up and down the street showing off.

Why does a stock Harley, that's much louder than the "excessive noise" limit, not get in any trouble?

The problem is not with the stock Harley it is with the aftermarket exhausts on the Harley. A stock Harley is not obnxious until the pipes are changed. As for tickets for bikes they are comming. The feds finally agreed on a test that can be reproduced anywhere with simple hand held equiptment. BTW no I don't ride Harley but I do hate how bad some riders make the rest of us look with the noise they create.

I think some bikes have a good mean growl when they get on it, then some are just god-awfuly loud even when just idling lol

Im on the fence with this one. Me being one of those punks with 3600 watts, I rarely EVER have it up at all in my neighborhood, and NEVER at night. I have a few times early in the day, letting friends hear it and family (And whatnot who've never heard of a sub before lol.)

I think a big portion of me being that way is because we had some trashy neighbors move in a few years back that had a big stereo system in their house, and partied 20/7; and the fact that I was raised pretty darn good, and im a very well manered teen.

On the road, I play it at whatever level im feeling, but at stoplights/instersections, its like a reflex to turn it down. Not sure how that came about, but any fellow Monroe/Newport-ers, follow me one day and see if you hear me LOL.

I do think though that its ridiculous to give a ticket to someone with loud music, but let Harleys and whatnot with straight pipes redlining it be okay.

Everynight in my neighborhood, (besides winter time) around 3am some ####### with a straight piped Harley literally flies down my road doing at least 80 MPH. I am not joking when I say everynight, nor am I joking about the 80 MPH. I can hear him on Dixie, when our neighborhood is literally 2.5 miles down the side road!

So all in all, im not joining any groups against bass haters, but I do disagree with the punks driving 500$ cars with 3000$ stereo's blasting it up and down the street showing off.

Hell freezes over. I actually agreed with just about everything you said. Credit where credit is due. Well said.

Hell freezes over. I actually agreed with just about everything you said. Credit where credit is due. Well said.

:salute:Thank you sir

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When the sound is not invited and brought in my personal environment where it is not wanted...then it gets irritating. It also depends on if you are having a good day or not so good.
:popcorn:Hey..when the young Bass thumpers get to be around 30, they will look and feel kinda un cool with hearing aids and always going huh,ummm .. what, huh.. ummm.. what:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back