• Register Today It's free!

speaker upgrades for MACH audio

ksaldibar

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island (part of NYC) , New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT and '99 EB
hey everybody. i have a 99Eb with the mach audio in it. i just got some 12" kenwood subs and amp and i'm also looking at upgrading my speakers. would it be worth ir to replace the 4 door speakers? how much better would the sound quality be? they're are opretty good as they are, but i was just wondering if the quality qwould be better if i changed them. thanks a lot

-ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

in my brothers escape we just swapped the front speakers to focal access 5.25 components adn left everything else stock (hu, rear speakers, amp) then we added a 12" woofer.

it sounded amazing! choose some components for the front that are sensitive and in the 150-200 range (usually good speakers) and you'll get great results.

don't worry about the rear speakers though, just fade it a bit to the front or remove them completely.

edit- we did this for about 6 months and then added a new hu and different subs, but while it was like that it worked great, just wasn't enough for me or my bro. now he has two L7s and a panasonic deck

Are you going to change the HU also or leave it stock? Any plans on getting an amp to push the door speakers?

Also, do you have stereo control buttons on the steering wheel?

I would just add the subs and see how its sounds. I am really suprised at how well the stock eb system sounds. I was thinking of upgrading the head unit but then I would lose the cd changer and the steering wheel radio controls which are way to cool to lose.

I found a place that sells an electronic connection for the steering wheel controls. I am having it installed on my system cause I didn't want to lose that feature either.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
I found a place that sells an electronic connection for the steering wheel controls. I am having it installed on my system cause I didn't want to lose that feature either.

Where and how much.

i do have the redundant controls on my steering wheel and the 6 disc changer. i know that i will lose them is i get a new HU. i wa sjust thinking of upgrading the door speakers to igher quality ones. btw, in a 99ED, how many watts per door do i have? for some reason i think i have 60, i could be wrong. someone help me out here. thanks a lot. later

-kenny

Back