• Register Today It's free!

Speakers Cutting Out?

SFadam

Reaction score
City, State
SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 EB V8
I did a bit of searching and couldnt find the answers to my questions. I have a '00 Eddie with the MACH stereo system. I recently added an aftermarket H/U, an amp and sub. At fairly high volume (but no where near full) when the sub is hitting hard, the factory speakers cut out randomly. The subs continue to work, so i turn down the volume and everything else comes back. Was the amp for the door speakers integrated into my factory head unit? If this is not the case, would the factory amp for the door speakers be detecting either a drop and voltage when the sub is hitting, or a too high of an output level to the door speakers, thus temporarily shutting itself down? I am kind of at a loss. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For what it is worth, i just double checked all wiring and connections...everything is good to go. The only thing that i did not do was wire up the harness that would plug into the factory sub and it's amp. I would assume that omitting that would have nothing to do with my problem.

Well Well I have a 2004 with the premium sound, 6 disc etc. It's doing the same thing.First I put in a jl 10 inch sub and an alpine amp. I couldn't get a line converter to work so I replaced the head unit with a panasonic cq-c9700u [ awesome head unit by the way] I also replaced the door speakers with polk db570's. When I turn up the volume to a fairly bumpin level, my door speakers cut out and come back on as soon as I turn the volume down a little. I don't know if the mach system is made by the same company as in my 04, but i'm going to contact the manufacturer of the factory system, which in my case is a company called visteon. I faintly remember reading that the factory speakers are wired a certain way that might be causing my problem. I guess it's possible that you might have the same dilemna. I guess bypassing the factory speaker wires and running new would answer my suspicion as to the the problem. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Freak, I would assume that you are correct...I just did not want to hear that. I guess running a bit of wire is not all that bad anyways. At any rate, let me know what you hear from the manufacturer.

so basically the factory amp and the "amp" in the head unit are not jiving?? so if new wiring is ran directly from the HU to the speakers, that should solve the problem??

In my situation I diconnected the factory amp and sub. It was pathetic to say the least.I think my problem is coming from the factory wiring. I bought a spool of monster cable today, so as soon as I get the time I'll see if it solves the problem.

Back