Speed Sensor location for NAV system Install ('05 x) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Speed Sensor location for NAV system Install ('05 x)

buttfly

Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
I have a pioneer NAV system I'm looking to install into my '05 explorer, and the only question i have is where can i connect to the speed sensor for the the nav system? More specifically what wire do i need to connect to and where is it located (preferably something in the cabin)?

I've bee poking around the forum for a little while, but haven't been able to find any info regarding the wire color or location, so i appologize if this has been asked before.

thanks in advance.

If this is a GPS device (and it appears to be so from the web sites), the speed is picked up from the satellite positioning. There is no hook up to the speed sensor.

According the install manual (its the avic-z1) it uses the connection to detect the distance the vehicle travels. Any idea where i can connect to the speed sensor?

you would need a wiring diagram for your vehicle, your speed sensor is prob in the rear diff. but it could have changed on the 05's. i want a z1 soo bad! 30gb hard drive, so sweet!

Back