• Register Today It's free!

spinning tires

cisurfer

Reaction score
City, State
central, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport
no matter how hard i try i cant get my wheels spinnin. I dont know what my gears are but i cant powerbrake it at all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its a 5000 pound truck, you shouldnt be trying...

Put it in neutral, mash the gas to the floor for about 5 seconds, with your left hand wave at whoever is watching you and with your right hand throw it into gear.

99explorer5.0 said:
... with your right hand throw it into gear.
LOL HAX!

jimbo74 said:
its a 5000 pound truck, you shouldnt be trying...
Why not, my 8000 pound truck can roast its tires!

99explorer5.0 said:
Put it in neutral, mash the gas to the floor for about 5 seconds, with your left hand wave at whoever is watching you and with your right hand throw it into gear.
Then watch out your rear view mirror as you leave pieces of your trans behind you.

90ranajo said:
Why not, my 8000 pound truck can roast its tires!

sweet :)

if you know how to do it, awesome, but for people that dont know what they are doing, to ask for advice on how to screw their junk up, yeah that's not good.......

your next quote is exactly why:
90ranajo said:
Then watch out your rear view mirror as you leave pieces of your trans behind you.

hehe, neutral drops. Now that brings back some memories.

cisurfer, is your sport 4wd? If it is then reason you cant spin the tires is because the 4wd explorers have a traction control system. When the computer senses the back tires starting to spin it engages the clutch for the front driveshaft putting putting you in 4wd.

If you really want to smoke them you can disable the front driveshaft clutch from engaging period. Most people call it the "brown wire mod". If yours is 4wd then read this thread on how to disable that clutch except when you want it engage.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149388

Your truck is 4wd, that is why you cant power brake. If you REALLY want to do it though, you need to search for the "brown wire mod"

justin146 said:
Your truck is 4wd, that is why you cant power brake. If you REALLY want to do it though, you need to search for the "brown wire mod"

That lil old link in my last post is for the brown wire mode ;) no searching required.

jester6 said:
That lil old link in my last post is for the brown wire mode ;) no searching required.
haha, yeah.. I didn't read the last post before mine:)

yea the traction control will engage if the tires spin but it happens liek after a 1 second. I cant even get the back wheels to even move.

Niether can I , and it isn't lack of power
Trac control works great, just as it should
click the first link in my sig for a 3/4 throttle launch

cisurfer said:
yea the traction control will engage if the tires spin but it happens liek after a 1 second. I cant even get the back wheels to even move.

It's 1/6th of a turn from what i've heard. Do the brown wire mod, put it in 4wd-low and then try it...

i think 90ranajo was referring to his banks powered super duty with an axle set and tranny case that wieghs most likely half your truck does.

I hope you havent already cooked the clutch in your t-case from doing this. Unless its a high powered truck or car i wont even try it...unless im in mud.

[QUOTE='97 V8]i think 90ranajo was referring to his banks powered super duty with an axle set and tranny case that wieghs most likely half your truck does. [/QUOTE]
Diff Whack has the Banks powered SD, Mine is a MBRP, ATS, Edge, BD Power powered SD.
But it does help having 500 to 600 ft/lbs of torque at about 1200 rpm though.

90ranajo said:
Diff Whack has the Banks powered SD, Mine is a MBRP, ATS, Edge, BD Power powered SD.
But it does help having 500 to 600 ft/lbs of torque at about 1200 rpm though.

same thing lol.....ungodly power adders enough to alter the rotation of earth.

Hopefully next weekend I'll be up in Abbotsford, BC for BD Power's Dyno Day to get some real numbers. :D

cause spinin your tires is just SO COOL :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MONMIX said:
cause spinin your tires is just SO COOL :rolleyes:

AWD power slides are cooler :p

Back