Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
I had the idea of removing one of my rear seats for more cargo room. However, it looks like my seats are connected at the middle rear hinge? Are they truly connected, and can they still somehow be removed independently?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If they are similar to the earlier Explorer 2 doors then you can remove the 60 or the 40 section

I just removed mine compltely, if they want to ride they can just slide around back there with the tools.........

:)

2 doors = 2 seats

Mine are 50/50, not 60/40.

I'm a little confused here...

I always thought that the MODERATORS are the most knowledgeable on this site. For me, a question posted by a moderator just seems weird for me to see.

Also, how do you get to be a moderator? Are all moderators do their "moderating" at home or do you have like an office of some sort.

I apologize if some of these questions seem stupid.

Moderators aren't Gods. They learn just like you and I do.

To become a Mod is a long process which I believe only Rick knows.:D All Mods mod in their free time. It isn't a "job" for any of them. They are all volunteers.

Originally posted by Robb
Moderators aren't Gods.
Alec knows ALOT, but I guess not everything.:rolleyes:
He is just a demigod.;)

Maybe I'll get out the grinder tomorrow ;)

Originally posted by Robb
Moderators aren't Gods. They learn just like you and I do.

To become a Mod is a long process which I believe only Rick knows.:D All Mods mod in their free time. It isn't a "job" for any of them. They are all volunteers.

Well, not Gods, just more knowledgeable than non-moderators.

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up for me.:)

Rick ditched one of his rear seats I believe, I think he got rid of the 60 portion of the 60/40 split.

Yes, but the 50/50 is different.

I know people have removed or swapped out their 50/50 rear seats, where are you guys?!

you can pull out one seat or both the seats aren't connected in the center the piece thats in the center bolts down and then a pin on each seat slides into that center piece.

Thanks Nam.

Yeah, the pin is bent, so you might have to remove the whole thing to get the clearance to tilt the seat uot of the bracket. Then just put the one side back in...

Back