Sport Trac floor mat ?

429CJ-3X2

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Des Moines, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01,'02, '04 Sport Tracs,
How many versions of the carpet Sport Trac floor mats were there?
I have a pair that I think came from a 2002 ST. They're a darker gray and read, "Explorer Sport Trac". Yesterday I took both fronts and 1 rear from an early '04 (Aug '03 build date). Those are a lighter gray and read "Sport Trac". Rear one is plain, but obviously a match to the fronts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There should also be a tan set as some tracs had tan carpet

My floor mats were carpet but the floor itself is a rubber material. I have Weather Tech mats in her now for many years!

@oklagp1200r
Are you using the WeathertTech "All Weather" universal fit mats? I tried their custom fit floor liners years ago and they weren't close to fitting properly. IIRC, they were #440061 designed for 2002-05 four door Explorers. I believe the biggest problem with fitment is the Sport Tracs non carpeted floor. I ended up buying the now discontinued Lund Catch-All liners that are custom fit, but the rubber backing is falling apart. I may try the Husky 51071 universal mats next.

I didn't think about the tan ones. I just noticed the difference in wording and the different shade of gray. The weave/texture is a little different, too. I just realized the wording matches the emblems on the tailgate. The '01 and '02s emblems say Explorer Sport Trac, but do the '03-05s have the Explorer emblem on the tailgate?
I have a set of Husky 3350s I took out of a 2nd Gen Explorer that fit pretty well as I recall. I just don't care for the lip around the edge. I've been using a rubber set with the Ford logo and "The Best Never Rest".

Yes
@oklagp1200r
Are you using the WeathertTech "All Weather" universal fit mats? I tried their custom fit floor liners years ago and they weren't close to fitting properly. IIRC, they were #440061 designed for 2002-05 four door Explorers. I believe the biggest problem with fitment is the Sport Tracs non carpeted floor. I ended up buying the now discontinued Lund Catch-All liners that are custom fit, but the rubber backing is falling apart. I may try the Husky 51071 universal mats nex

@oklagp1200r
Are you using the WeathertTech "All Weather" universal fit mats? I tried their custom fit floor liners years ago and they weren't close to fitting properly. IIRC, they were #440061 designed for 2002-05 four door Explorers. I believe the biggest problem with fitment is the Sport Tracs non carpeted floor. I ended up buying the now discontinued Lund Catch-All liners that are custom fit, but the rubber backing is falling apart. I may try the Husky 51071 universal mats next.
Yes the weather tech universal ones I bought many many years ago! There ok.

Back