• Register Today It's free!

Spotlight question...

Daytripper61

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 EXPLORER PPV
So my 2015 PIU came with a spotlight on both sides and I'm removing the passenger side light...what do you guys use to cover up the hole? Is there a plate available?

HOLE FOR SPOTLIGHT.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thank you for the quick response! this is exactly the route I will go :thumbsup:

I think that's how they all look, and why the install on the PIU is harder. Google for a sticker patch. They make them in black or white if I remember. Nenno-products might be one of them after a quick search.

Do you want a half-assed patch or a whole-assed fix?

If half-assed, there are all kinds of things you can do - stickers, flex-seal tape, a whole lotta black RTV, and so on.

If whole-assed fix, just take of the exterior and interior trim, repair the holes in the a-pillar however you wish, and then replace the exterior and interior trim with new or used parts.

*update*

MD inspection failed due to the hole in the A pillar....patches didn't look right....ordered new pillar trim....half ass doesn't fly... thanks for the responses

Couldn't you have just left the spotlight in until after your inspection, than fixed it at your leisure before the next inspection?

It would give you more time to source some lower priced used interior/exterior trim pieces.

Couldn't you have just left the spotlight in until after your inspection, than fixed it at your leisure before the next inspection?

It would give you more time to source some lower priced used interior/exterior trim pieces.
In hindsight, yes...as it were, they reinstalled the light yesterday, reinspected/passed....then took it back off...

Back