• Register Today It's free!

stall on lpg switch over

carmadrob

Reaction score
City, State
leicester
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer 4ltr v6
hi just got a 2000 explorer 4ltr v6 northface with a zavoli multi point conversion, still working my way around the truck anyway from cold and on petrol it misfires a bit for 5 mins then ticks over fine, i get it up to temp then switch over to gas, orange light flashes then it switches over but stalls, if i keep my foot on accelerator pedal and keep revs up it seems ok, im thinking because it misfires from cold on petrol its got to be plugs, thing is im not to sure what plugs i need and ive read they have to be regaped. unless its not that, any ideas please, cheers:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt these blokes would know anything about LPG, it's not a common thing in the States.

I use NGK Iridium ITR5H13 gap1.3

Suitable for both V6s.

thanks for that, so them plugs and gaps are what you use on lpg:thumbsup:

thanks for that, so them plugs and gaps are what you use on lpg:thumbsup:

I don't don't have LPG. I just think that NGK Iridiums are some of the best plugs you can get.
Does the Zavoli use all the standard sensors or does it use some of its own?

The spluttering at cold start could be the temperature sensor, the idle control valve or good ol' vacuum leaks especially in the inlet manifold.

Spluttering when you switch over to LPG is usually an over rich fuel mixture caused by running two fuel systems simultaneously for a short period.

found some plugs online briska silver for lpg, car struggles even when hot on lpg, drivable but down on power and feels like a misfire, going to give it a lpg injector clean and fit new inline filter for lpg, ive checked for vac leaks but access to manifold gaskets is a tad bit hard,going to have to fabricate a tube to get down there lol but if it was them wouldnt it affect petrol side aswell:exp:

You might try the UK subforum here - they have a lot more experience with LPG. Good luck.

Back