stalling and hard steering

ranko

Reaction score
City, State
Suli,Iraq
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT
Hi,
My exp 1995 is killing me by continuous stalling, so i hope some one can help me, the problem is like this:
1- when i start the car (hot or cold), it will stall at some point when i am driving , then after five minutes or more it will stop stalling (but sometimes it still stalls).
2- the steering is much harder than it should be, it is not the same always some times it gets harder to steer while i am driving.

PS:
1- my IAC is replaced with an old second hand one, the old one was not working.
2- the number of stalling increased after i cleaned IAC and MAF sensor.

Thanks
Ranj

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It running fine now

I have changed the AIC (or IAC) and cleaned the fuel lines and it running smoothly now.

Thanks

Check power steering fluid. If fluid is okay, remove serpentine belt and rotate the power steering pump pulley. If it doesn't rotate freely, pump has seized.

problem occurs again

after a week from the fixing and AIC change i am back at square one, when i changed the AIC the rpm became 1000 when idle, so i decided to change it to 700-800 when i can, but i did not change it yet. any way now the rpm is about 800 without me changing anything, the stalling is back(but not the same as before), there is a gas smell coming from the car, and the car is lacking power when i push the accelerator.

regards
Ranj

The check engine light should be on -- have the computer scanned for any codes stored in memory.

...X2 on checking the codes..:thumbsup:

...This may be a dumb question but I see you are in Iraq..Is the vehicle from the states and all emission parts still installed, is it still stock???

The engine check light is not on, however i have a problem in Transmissions, it does not transfer to 3rd gear, i have to accelerate to about 35 km/h and release the gas to change to 4th gear.

Maybe try checking the Oxygen sensor because the oxygen sensors control the air/fuel ratio:
http://mr2.com/TEXT/O2_Sensor.html

However, a faulty oxygen sensor should have thrown a code and the Check Engine Light should have came on (because oxygen sensors are within OBD-1 specifcation). So I dunno.... :(. If all else fails, you will probably have to take the vehicle into a Ford dealership because a technician will have to go through each sensor and see what is out of spec (maybe the faulty sensor is one that is not covered under the OBD-1 specification).

The vehicle is imported from Germany (of course it was used), all emission parts are there but not sure all of them works. any way i am planning to buy a Ford Escape 2008 soon.

...X2 on checking the codes..:thumbsup:

...This may be a dumb question but I see you are in Iraq..Is the vehicle from the states and all emission parts still installed, is it still stock???

...Honestly then, I would do a search and make sure all the vacuum lines are good...A cracked vacuum line would give you a higher idle and it may be as simple as the vacuum line going to the tranny...:dunno:

I haven't check those yet, but i noticed the battery (or electricity) gauge is moving up and down and the RPM moves down to 300-400 when its near to stall; usually i change the gear to N to avoid stalling (when stopping or slowing down).

...Honestly then, I would do a search and make sure all the vacuum lines are good...A cracked vacuum line would give you a higher idle and it may be as simple as the vacuum line going to the tranny...:dunno:

It's a '95, there isn't a vacuum line going to the transmission.

Back