Reaction score
City, State
Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 eddie
Starter Good but still No Crank
Starter is good had it tested at auto dealer
Battery is good took new battery out of my other vehicle
Ex hasn’t run in 4 months so removed plugs and did the diesel oil in ports and turned engine via cranks nut
Put plugs back in and checked gas that’s ok also
Turned key engine turned slow then wouldn’t turn again so pulled plugs and hand cranked again spins ok plugs back in and still no crank
What Am I missing???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so it will spin over but just won't spin fast enough, or it won't fire up?

starter relay and starter solinoid both engage but engine will not spin there is no grinding noise from teeth on starter pin and I tool starter off used a dentist mirror and sprocet teeth look ok also but engine will not spin

Check all your cables and connections. Try to do a voltage drop test across the related components. A current draw test would also be nice.

Wahoo fixed it after checking starter again and cleaning all connection 4times LOL I finally removed the push on solenoid contact on the starter and soldered a wire on it hooked everything up and fired it up Yes running LOL, only thing I haven’t done is replaced top starter bolt left it out while taking starter in and out tempted to leave it out as it’s a PIA has anyone else left it out?? :thumbsup::D

I wouldn't advise leaving the top bolt out. That can cost you a starter and a flywheel.

Back